Windows 10: how do i change the back up location for windows 10

Discus and support how do i change the back up location for windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do i change the back up location for windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BettyWalters1, Apr 16, 2019 at 3:52 AM.

1. how do i change the back up location for windows 10

how do i change the back up location for windows 10

:)

BettyWalters1, Apr 16, 2019 at 3:52 AM

2. Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

3. Can’t change the location.

Hi George,

I am sorry to hear that you had to encounter an internet connection issue in Windows 10 before. You can always come to us for any issues on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Let us see what to do to resolve this issue on location settings. TO assist you better, please answer the questions below.

• Where did you see your location as Vermont USA? How did you tried to change the location?

• Are you getting any error messages while changing the location?

• What is the build version of the Windows? Follow the below steps to check the build version.

• Open up the run command with the
      Win key + R key combo.

• Type winver into the run command text box and hit
      OK.

• You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

I suggest you to ON the location service and check if the location is changed to your current location. If the location service is ON, the Windows will automatically find your location once the system in connected to internet and update
    the location on the Apps, which has the permission to access to the location. Refer to the below link to ON the location service and more.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12444/windows-10-location-service-privacy-faq

You may also change your Country or region manually by the following steps;

• In the search box on task bar, enter Change region, then select
      Change your country or region.

• Under Country or region, select your new region.

Hope you can change your location.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Thema:

1. how do i change the back up location for windows 10 - Similar Threads - change location

2. Windows 10 Folder Location Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Folder Location Change: Hi Does anyone have experience of moving special folder locations to a NAS drive using a script. i.e. Current Location: C:\Users\[username].[pcname]\Favorites to \\MYSTORAGENAS\Username\Documents\Favorites I am looking to speed up the process of moving the special folder...
  3. Temporary Internet files location has changed - How does this happen and should I reset to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temporary Internet files location has changed - How does this happen and should I reset to...: I have not noticed any problems with any apps but I noticed the yellow caution icon and thereby investigated further. I ran the Troubleshooter and a message states that the "Temporary Internet files location has changed". I have two questions: - What would cause this to...
  4. Change mail app archive location

in Browsers and Email
    Change mail app archive location: I've searched until my fingers are raw... *Sick In the Windows 10 mail app, I want to change the location where the "Archive" button sends the mail to. Currently the default location is the "All Mail" folder, I'd like to change that. Can anyone tell me how to go about that?...
  5. How Can I change the location of my Live TV Stream

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Can I change the location of my Live TV Stream: Hi, How can I change the location when watching live TV. Comes up as my location is New South Wales Australia but im in Adelaide South Australia and want to watch in Adelaide time and programmes not NSW programmes. Im using firefox on windows 10 desktop...
  6. How do I change a save location when uploading photo/videos from a phone to a computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change a save location when uploading photo/videos from a phone to a computer?: So I have my phone set to upload to OneDrive, but I want to change it so that it can upload to microsoft photos instead, but I don't now how to do it! How do I do it?...
  7. Can I change the location of the screen saver's slidershow?

Can I change the location of the screen saver's slidershow?: Hello everyone, I have two screens of different sizes. My smaller screen is to the left and in the display settings I arranged them accordingly, i.e. my small screen "x" and my big screen "X" are arranged like this: xX In that arrangement I can't see the upper left part of...
  8. Windows Update - SoftwareDistribution folder location change error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - SoftwareDistribution folder location change error: I have been using Windows 10 and I need to install a cumulative update (with standalone installer) to the system. However, as the memory of hard drive is only 32gb, more space is needed and it is not possible for me to free up the drive. Therefore, I changed the...
  9. How to change default storage location from SSD to HDD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change default storage location from SSD to HDD.: I have a SSD(C:) and a HDD(G:) installed in my PC, I want to use the SSD for my more important files and things I want to boot faster and I want to use the HDD for general storage, the only problem is everything that I download defaults to downloading into my SSD(C:), I don't...
  10. Can't change capture location from Temp folder

Can't change capture location from Temp folder: After I adjusted my disk management, my capture location changing it's location to C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Temp. Which is I can't move that folder. Please anyone who can solve this problem, thank you...