Windows 10: How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I found a way to change the text color, but never the blue background color.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ImReporting :, May 7, 2021.

1. How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?

I found a way to change the text color, but never the blue background color.

:)

ImReporting :, May 7, 2021

2. Changing Text Color

I am using the Paint software that came with my WIndows 10 os. I am not able to change the color of the text I put on a picture. It is on a dark background, so I would like like to make the text white. How can I do this?

I have tried all of the regular steps, highlighting the text and selecting white from both the text palate and the text color shortcuts, "color 1 and color 2" that appear in the tools section. Neither works.

Please help.

Thanks.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

LStevens787, May 7, 2021
  3. Text color same as background color

So, I was messing around with the windows 10 display color settings, and I maaaay have accidentally changed the text color and highlight color to the same color as the background? I can't read any of the text, how to I restore the color back to default??
    (I'm using my iPad to post this btw)

OstrichEmpire, May 7, 2021
  4. How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?

Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors

When I open File Explorer in Windows 10, using the dark theme, I want the colors of highlighted items to be different. Previous versions of Windows allowed much more granular customization of environmental items. Those options seem to be gone.

When I click on an item in a folder window (I.e. file or folder), I want the color used to indicate selection to be a higher contrast with both the text of the selected item and its highlighted color, and the selection highlighting color against the window
    background.

For example, my File Explorer background is now black, since the latest updates. When I click on an item in the window, I want to see the item highlighted in yellow with black text. That way, the selected item stands out against the window, and the text
    stands out against the highlight color.

Indyhighlander, May 7, 2021
Thema:

How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10?

1. How do I change the background color of highlighted/selected text in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - change background color

2. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  3. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  4. Background color of selected text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background color of selected text: In Windows and many applications, the contrast between the background color and the color of selected text and other items e.g. emails in Outlook is very poor. I am not ready to go to the full high-contrast mode not old enough yet!. How would I change the background color...
  5. How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Background Color of selected or highlighted Text in Windows 10: Have you ever wanted to change the highlight color to another color whenever you highlight a selected text? Usually, a person would change background colors because they would find the default colors boring or bland and want a unique or grand color to be displayed. This...
  6. How do I change the text select color?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the text select color?: When you select text (that it, when you double click a word or hold shift with arrows) the default color is blue. Some websites change this. Is there a way I can do it? If there's a way with WinAero Tweaker, I'd love to hear it too. submitted by /u/PeteyGANG [link]...
  7. How to change highlighting color on folder selection windows 10 in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change highlighting color on folder selection windows 10 in file explorer?: [ATTACH] I use dark windows theme, and my file highlighting color is grey - it is very hard to see for me on black background. https://preview.redd.it/ifqtfqn87df51.png?width=603&format=png&auto=webp&s=38935002bc784732ac884504f9c206d41b9ec7ef I wanna chenge highlighting...
  8. I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma...: I want to change the color of the highlighting when selecting text, etc. I have glaucoma and I cannot see the blue very well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-the-color-of-the-highlighting/1c9fb9b4-9abf-41b1-a470-2c74a1d387b1
  9. Text and background color change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Text and background color change: Following the last automatic update to Windowws the background color and text color chnges on Excel and message boxesl ike this one. How to I change it back so I can see what is being entered?...
  10. Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 When you highlight text in classic Win32 system windows and dialogs in Windows 10, the text color will be white by default. This tutorial will show you how to...