Windows 10: How do I change the background colors of the system tray & start menu?

Discus and support How do I change the background colors of the system tray & start menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the background colors of the system tray and the start menu? I'm using the light mode in Windows - but the backgrounds of the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nisko, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Nisko Win User

How do I change the background colors of the system tray & start menu?

How do I change the background colors of the system tray and the start menu? I'm using the light mode in Windows - but the backgrounds of the start menu and the system tray are to light for me.

:)

Nisko, Jul 30, 2020

2. How do I change the color on my screen

Hi David,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on the query, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the make and model of the computer?
    2. When you say “I have tried everything” please let us know the steps that you have performed?
    3. May I know are you trying to change desktop background color or the theme color in settings page?

Please refer
    Change desktop background and colors
    on how personalize the accent color and check if it helps.

Feel free the get back to us with details and results after performing the steps that were asked and suggested, for further assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Jul 30, 2020
  4. How do I change the background colors of the system tray & start menu?

change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I change the background colors of the system tray & start menu?

1. How do I change the background colors of the system tray & start menu? - Similar Threads - change background colors

2. How do I change background color in WordPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change background color in WordPad: It's white and it's blinding me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-background-color-in-wordpad/1735134a-6d96-4cb8-9c74-e132ff1db79c
  3. How do I change the background color of my fullscreen start menu to pure black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the background color of my fullscreen start menu to pure black?: I have already changed the theme color of Windows to true black via the registry, as can be seen in this screenshot:However, when I open the start menu, the background is an ugly gray:I have ensured that transparency effects are turned off. Why is this happening? Is there a...
  4. How do I change the background color of my fullscreen start menu to pure black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the background color of my fullscreen start menu to pure black?: I have already changed the theme color of Windows to true black via the registry, as can be seen in this screenshot:However, when I open the start menu, the background is an ugly gray:I have ensured that transparency effects are turned off. Why is this happening? Is there a...
  5. How do I change the background color of my fullscreen start menu to pure black?

6. how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?: I want to change the color of the start menu, task bar and drop down menu on my browser, how do I accomplish this task.thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-color-of-the-start-menu-and/ce5ef7c8-d727-4fcd-9004-7d8b08b11144
  7. how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?: I want to change the color of the start menu, task bar and drop down menu on my browser, how do I accomplish this task.thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-color-of-the-start-menu-and/ce5ef7c8-d727-4fcd-9004-7d8b08b11144
  8. how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?

9. Background color for Start Menu

Background color for Start Menu: Recently Win Update installed the latest version of Windows 10 (20H2), and I am left with a white background in my Start Menu (see picture) I went to Settings, but when I try to change the color, the check box to change the Start Menu is grayed out. (see picture) Does...
  10. Background color for Start Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Background color for Start Menu: Recently Win Update installed the latest version of Windows 10 (20H2), and I am left with a white background in my Start Menu (see picture) I went to Settings, but when I try to change the color, the check box to change the Start Menu is grayed out. (see picture) Does...