Windows 10: How do I change the browser cortana opens

Discus and support How do I change the browser cortana opens in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I get a result from Cortana that is a web result and I click on it it opens in the edge browser even though I have set my default browser to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Trent Perez, Jan 19, 2019.

1. How do I change the browser cortana opens

Whenever I get a result from Cortana that is a web result and I click on it it opens in the edge browser even though I have set my default browser to Google Chrome. What gives? Can I switch Cortanas default browser?

:)

Trent Perez, Jan 19, 2019

2. Cortana Browser

Hi,

To change Cortana's browser, follow the steps below:

• In the Search bar, type Default Programs.
    • Click Default Programs.
    • Scroll down until you find Web browser.
    • Click Internet Explorer.
    • Change the default Web browser to your preference.
    Please take note that Cortana only works on Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Meghana C Win User
    Change Cortana icon back to default

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issues you are facing with Cortana.

To assist you better, kindly explain what steps you performed to change the Cortana icon?

I suggest you to follow below steps to turn off Cortana’s personalization:

• Go to Cortana >
      Notebook > About Me.

• Click to select your
      Microsoft account

• On the Account page, click again to select your Microsoft account.
    • Select Sign out and restart the system, again sign in back and check.

I suggest you to install all the available Windows updates and check the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check the issue in other user accounts if you have any. If you don't have other user accounts, then I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the following article on
    how to create a new user account in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Please get back to us to assist you further.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Jan 19, 2019
  4. How do I change the browser cortana opens

BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.1

Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

How do I change the browser cortana opens

1. How do I change the browser cortana opens - Similar Threads - change browser cortana

2. How do I change the default file browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the default file browser?: Title. Trying out an alternate one and it's a pain to have File Explorer always opening by default. submitted by /u/Electro-Ninja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5emml/how_do_i_change_the_default_file_browser/
  3. Open Cortana search entry with another browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Cortana search entry with another browser?: Hey, community, I would like to know how to open other browsers with the "Windows feature" Cortana. So if I can give you an example: Youtube.com as an example, that it opens automatically with Chrome and not with Edge. [ATTACH] Cortana sucheingabe mit anderem...
  4. How do I change my default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my default browser: How can i find out my default browser and change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-default-browser/5f75c329-cfc4-4e6a-b767-dc0f46c6d1df
  5. How do I change what Cortana calls me?

in Cortana
    How do I change what Cortana calls me?: I'd like to change what Cortana calls me on start up. Right now, she addresses me by my full name, which feels a little awkward, so I'd like to change it to a nickname. And I'd like to do so without changing my actual Microsoft account name. I'm on the most recent Windows 10...
  6. How do I change my browser that opens attachments in outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my browser that opens attachments in outlook: How do I change my browser that opens attachments in outlook 2016 , Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-browser-that-opens-attachments/887e3bf2-5221-4071-a1f2-afdd3f23fabc
  7. How do I change my Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my Browser: Split from this thread. how do I change my browser to FireFox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-browser/6cc86029-d4d5-45c7-a0da-048b47ae0900
  8. Can’t open browser, cortana or start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t open browser, cortana or start menu: I factory reset my MSI GL62M 7RDX laptop to sell it but I can’t open Internet Explorer, Cortana or the start menu. When I click Cortana or the start menu, the blue circle appears next to my cursor for about 2 or 3 seconds but nothing happens. When I try to open the browser,...
  9. Cortana will not open a browser.

in Cortana
    Cortana will not open a browser.: I have three Windows 10 computers. All have Firefox as the default browser. First, I understand that Cortana will always use Edge as its default browser. I am ok with that. When I type a question into Cortana on one of my machines (an MS Surface Pro 4), Cortana shows...
  10. How do I stop cortana opening to listen?

in Cortana
    How do I stop cortana opening to listen?: Cortana all of the sudden opens up to listen to a question. I never ask for it to open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-cortana-opening-to-listen/670e2183-f236-4b8a-97a1-948af3c1a311"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change cortana browser

2. Check on Google how to set browser for cortana cortana

3. cortana change my browser to internet explorer

4. How can I change cortana browser,
  5. change cortana browsere,
  6. cortana only opens edge,
  7. change cortana browser to google chrome 2019,
  8. how to change the browser which cotana opens,
  9. change default brower in cortana 2019,
  10. How to change browser open Cortana