Windows 10: How do I change the color of this bar?

Discus and support How do I change the color of this bar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use many programs that support dark mode but windows still control some parts which can't be affected by those programs. How do I change the colour... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by waleedov, Sep 27, 2019.

1. waleedov Win User

How do I change the color of this bar?

I use many programs that support dark mode but windows still control some parts which can't be affected by those programs. How do I change the colour of this bar to make it dark? I know its controlled by Windows UI.

How do I change the color of this bar? zRVdJ5I.png

How do I change the color of this bar? 3u6GGO8.png

:)

waleedov, Sep 27, 2019

2. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 27, 2019
  3. How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 27, 2019
  4. How do I change the color of this bar?

color change, the color blue got lighter

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

The issue you are facing with Color change, I would like to ask few queries.

• Have you made any changes to the system prior to the issue?
    • Since when are you facing this?
    You can manually set the different color for start, taskbar, action center and title bar background.

To do so, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • From left pane click on Color.
    • Choose a color which ever is suited for you.
    Referring to the second screen shot, it seems like the operating system you are using is not fully activated. This type of issue occurs only if the OS is not activated. I suggest you to refer the below Microsoft article and check how to resolve the common
    activation errors.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/activation-errors

Note: Steps also works on Windows 10.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I change the color of this bar?

1. How do I change the color of this bar? - Similar Threads - change color bar

2. How do I change the title bar color for a specific app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the title bar color for a specific app?: How do I change the title bar color for a specific app? I am aware that under [settings > colors] you can check 'title bars'; however, this is a universal setting causing it to trigger the color change to all apps' title bars. I'd like to set it for a specific apps only....
  3. How do I change the title bar color for a specific app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the title bar color for a specific app?: How do I change the title bar color for a specific app? I am aware that under [settings > colors] you can check 'title bars'; however, this is a universal setting causing it to trigger the color change to all apps' title bars. I'd like to set it for a specific apps only....
  4. How do I change the title bar color for a specific app?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?: I want to change the color of the start menu, task bar and drop down menu on my browser, how do I accomplish this task.thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-color-of-the-start-menu-and/ce5ef7c8-d727-4fcd-9004-7d8b08b11144
  6. how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?: I want to change the color of the start menu, task bar and drop down menu on my browser, how do I accomplish this task.thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-color-of-the-start-menu-and/ce5ef7c8-d727-4fcd-9004-7d8b08b11144
  7. how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?

8. How to change search bar color?

How to change search bar color?: Ever since the most recent update a few days ago (Version 1903, OS Build 18362.418) my search bar for 'Cortana' has gone white! It is very irritating and I want it to go back to dark grey. If I change the Windows or App Modes in 'Colors Setting' it makes everything else dark...
  9. How to change search bar color?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change search bar color?: Ever since the most recent update a few days ago (Version 1903, OS Build 18362.418) my search bar for 'Cortana' has gone white! It is very irritating and I want it to go back to dark grey. If I change the Windows or App Modes in 'Colors Setting' it makes everything else dark...
  10. How do I change the task bar color in Windows 10?

How do I change the task bar color in Windows 10?: How do I change the task bar color in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-task-bar-color-in-windows-10/7d8ba004-61c0-41eb-b149-2e9ddfd4274b