Windows 10: How do I change the cover image of a file thats in a folder on the desktop?

Discus and support How do I change the cover image of a file thats in a folder on the desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know how to change the cover image of the entire folder, but I can't figure out how to chage the cover image of a particular file in that folder. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lowcarson98, Oct 20, 2020.

1. How do I change the cover image of a file thats in a folder on the desktop?

I know how to change the cover image of the entire folder, but I can't figure out how to chage the cover image of a particular file in that folder. Is this even possible? How do I?

submitted by /u/lowcarson98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lowcarson98, Oct 20, 2020
  2. GeraldJ Win User

Windows 10 Music Folder (cover art) image file missing - is there a fix please??

Cover Art folder disappears, when music file opened:

Others have posted re the image file not appearing within their individual music folders; is there a fix please?

Relevant file is normally called "folder.jpg".

As you can see on screenshot, the cover art image is showing on outside of folder as it were, but when you click that music file, the cover art image isn't listed, just the MP3 tracks.

If I then try to re add the file into the contents, system says file is already present if invisible in listing

of contents How do I change the cover image of a file thats in a folder on the desktop? :(

Thanks

How do I change the cover image of a file thats in a folder on the desktop? 87a87e19-58db-4482-b988-f2729271da6b.jpg

GeraldJ, Oct 20, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Frogger Win User

How do I change the cover image of a file thats in a folder on the desktop?

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile How do I change the cover image of a file thats in a folder on the desktop? :)

Frogger, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

How do I change the cover image of a file thats in a folder on the desktop?

1. How do I change the cover image of a file thats in a folder on the desktop? - Similar Threads - change cover image

2. How do I change an album cover on new Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change an album cover on new Media Player: I've seen questions for changing album covers on the old Windows Media Player Legacy, but I've seen nothing on the new Media Player introduced with Windows 11. Could someone help me out with it here? Here is a screenshot of my Media Player because I can't add a picture to the...
  3. How do I change an album cover on new Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change an album cover on new Media Player: I've seen questions for changing album covers on the old Windows Media Player Legacy, but I've seen nothing on the new Media Player introduced with Windows 11. Could someone help me out with it here? Here is a screenshot of my Media Player because I can't add a picture to the...
  4. ZIP files remove the cover to an outside the 'images' folder, but the cover doesn't show up...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ZIP files remove the cover to an outside the 'images' folder, but the cover doesn't show up...: I've been digitising old magazines and converting them to .cbz files so they can be read as normal, however when I convert the folder to a zip file it lifts the cover and keeps it in the outer folder from the images where everything else is. Unfortunately this means that when...
  5. ZIP files remove the cover to an outside the 'images' folder, but the cover doesn't show up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ZIP files remove the cover to an outside the 'images' folder, but the cover doesn't show up...: I've been digitising old magazines and converting them to .cbz files so they can be read as normal, however when I convert the folder to a zip file it lifts the cover and keeps it in the outer folder from the images where everything else is. Unfortunately this means that when...
  6. ZIP files remove the cover to an outside the 'images' folder, but the cover doesn't show up...

7. How do I change the folder type of the Desktop folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the folder type of the Desktop folder?: Every time I access it now from Explorer, it defaults to the folder type of music. Definitely not what I want, but there's no "Customize" tab in Properties for the Desktop folder. What should I do?Thanks....
  8. How do I change the folder type of the Desktop folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the folder type of the Desktop folder?: Every time I access it now from Explorer, it defaults to the folder type of music. Definitely not what I want, but there's no "Customize" tab in Properties for the Desktop folder. What should I do?Thanks....
  9. How do I change the folder type of the Desktop folder?

10. Is there a setting i can change to turn these back into preview images? Thats how ive...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a setting i can change to turn these back into preview images? Thats how ive...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/witheredwolves [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhrxtj/is_there_a_setting_i_can_change_to_turn_these/