Windows 10: How do I change the default app when inserting a SDHC card in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I change the default app when inserting a SDHC card in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new computer and am still trying to get things set up. I inserted a SDHC card to upload pictures to my computer. When the popup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BCUser_VI, Oct 20, 2019.

1. BCUser_VI Win User

How do I change the default app when inserting a SDHC card in Windows 10?

I recently purchased a new computer and am still trying to get things set up. I inserted a SDHC card to upload pictures to my computer. When the popup for Choose how to open came up and I clicked on that, when I got the list, I inadvertently clicked on Photos when I was trying to scroll down the list. I do not want this. I prefer to open in Windows (File) Explorer. How do I change this?

I have gone to Settings>Apps & Features>Default Apps but can see no way of changing it here. I have also gone to Control Panel>Programs, but there is nothing there.

Thanks

:)

BCUser_VI, Oct 20, 2019
  2. johnlk99 Win User

SDHC directory would be invalid, used to work

On a Dell 8300 purchased in 2011 running Windows 10, now when inserting a camera SDHC card in the only SDHC drive msg comes up the F directory would be invalid all the time.

The F directory used to respond when the SDHC drive was inserted. Lately would have to insert a few time before system acknowledged drive, and although the F drive was not listed not on the QUICK ACCESS list,
    the F drive could be found and accessed on the THIS PC list. Now not either way.

Do not know if bad SDHC disk, driver update needed, computer software, or computer hardware, or?

All drivers on DEVICE MANAGER show the msg this device working properly, although perhaps the F drive driver would not be listed?

Do they sell a usb device which can interface with a SDHC card.

johnlk99, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and SDHC card

Installed Windows 10, now will not recognize my SDHC card out of my camera.

What steps do I need to take to get Windows 10 to recognized my SDHC card (8GB)?

Thanks

Monica Lamothe, Oct 20, 2019
  4. How do I change the default app when inserting a SDHC card in Windows 10?

SDHC Card from digital camera

I just upgraded my HP Home Pavilion laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The laptop has a slot to insert the SDHC card. When I was running Windows 7, as soon as you inserted a card, the import system would open to let you import your photos. Now with Windows
    10, I insert a card and nothing happens. How do I get pictures imported into Windows 10 from my SDHC card?

ThomasBO_992, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

How do I change the default app when inserting a SDHC card in Windows 10?

1. How do I change the default app when inserting a SDHC card in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - change default app

2. SDHC Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SDHC Default: When I download photos from my sdhc card, they go to the cloud, how can I change the default to go to my desktop photos in my laptop. Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sdhc-default/617b2136-30f1-4d0e-b6af-f9cb415b3092
  3. SDHC Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SDHC Default: When I download photos from my sdhc card, they go to the cloud, how can I change the default to go to my desktop photos in my laptop. Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sdhc-default/617b2136-30f1-4d0e-b6af-f9cb415b3092
  4. SDHC card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SDHC card: Data on my SDHC card in my Windows 10 laptop I accidently deleted . Any chance I can recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sdhc-card/76bc6f6b-a15f-4466-8238-29b9e92e0b18
  5. how do I change the default to open an app

how do I change the default to open an app: How do I change the program default to open a .jef file. The one I have is not working and I even deleted the old app, but it still won't change anything....
  6. How do I change a default app?

How do I change a default app?: I accidentally did the default of .jar files as "Notepad", when I don't want any default app. How do I set it to no default at all? [ATTACH] When I click on it, this shows:[ATTACH] And when I click "Look for an app in the Store", it doesn't show an option to set no...
  7. SDHC card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SDHC card: I took some new pictures from my camera SDHC card and transferred them to my laptop computer. Now I want to erase the SDHC card so it is blank and replace it in my camera. How do I do this? Currently all pictures I have ever taken still remain on my SDHC card....
  8. How can I open my SDHC card in windows 10?

How can I open my SDHC card in windows 10?: How can I open my SDHC card in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-my-sdhc-card-in-windows-10/032dd7ab-ada1-4c46-89ff-c5cbfe854f7d
  9. reformatting an sdhc card

reformatting an sdhc card: hi can anyone help, I'm using windows 10 and would like to format a 2gb sdhc card from fat32 to fat16 so I can use in my Nikon D50 camera as it only accepts sd not sdhc...
  10. SDHC Card reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SDHC Card reader: My Inspiron One will not read SDHC Cards since my upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_photo/sdhc-card-reader/baed2b27-52ac-46ec-8b34-043faa5a5d1d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to default file explorer to open when inserting cards