Windows 10: How do I change the default icons?

Discus and support How do I change the default icons? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just wondering how and if I can change the default icons in windows and if there is anything I could use to do so thanks submitted by /u/HuNtEd_10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HuNtEd_10, Nov 22, 2019.

1. How do I change the default icons?

Just wondering how and if I can change the default icons in windows and if there is anything I could use to do so thanks

submitted by /u/HuNtEd_10
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HuNtEd_10, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

How to Change the Default Internet Explorer Icon for website shortcut to the website icon

Hi,

If you want to change default icon of a browser when dragging a URL to your desktop, follow the steps below:

• On the search bar of Start menu, type apps
    • Click on App & features.
    • On the right pane, select Default apps.
    • On Default apps, click Web browser.
    • Choose your desired browser.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Guest1, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

How do I change the default icons? prob.jpg

Guest2, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

How do I change the default icons?

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Guest3, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

How do I change the default icons?

1. How do I change the default icons? - Similar Threads - change default icons

2. How to change the default archive icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default archive icon: The default icon for .rar .zip etc. archives is atrocious. I can barely tell the icon is different than just a stock folder. I was hoping to skip winrar on the new rig just to reduce clutter since most of the software is already there but the icons are unusable. Is there a...
  3. How to change the default archive icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default archive icon: The default icon for .rar .zip etc. archives is atrocious. I can barely tell the icon is different than just a stock folder. I was hoping to skip winrar on the new rig just to reduce clutter since most of the software is already there but the icons are unusable. Is there a...
  4. How do i change Default Icons for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change Default Icons for Windows 11: so like i want to change zip file so all zip files will show my custom icon instead of the default windows 11 one Summary i just want to the default Zip file icon to my custom icon cause i don't like the way zip files look....
  5. How do i change Default Icons for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change Default Icons for Windows 11: so like i want to change zip file so all zip files will show my custom icon instead of the default windows 11 one Summary i just want to the default Zip file icon to my custom icon cause i don't like the way zip files look....
  6. How do i change the default pointer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i change the default pointer?: I have currently modified how my mouse pointer looks though every time i restart/shutdown this pc the pointer changes to the Microsoft default, I'd had to change the pointer to the one i set every time it starts up, is there a setting to change this or is this non-changeable?...
  7. How to change the icon to default of os:c

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the icon to default of os:c: how to change the os:c icon to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-icon-to-default-of-osc/173ec6a1-89f9-44f0-bb26-542ddcd601d1
  8. How do I change icons back to the default ones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change icons back to the default ones?: Hi Reddit! I recently changed my icon’s icon (as in the “photo” that represents say, chrome) and would like to change them back to the default ones. I deleted the icons since I didn’t quite like how they looked and now I’m stuck with the blank page. Any help would be...
  9. How do I restore the default icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I restore the default icons: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/hqirdl9bkpe51.jpg?width=816&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b7e97a636f93243d6f74b27a4f0cd3a69187e8cd I don't remember how to remove these icons or how they were installed, but I'd like the original icons back. Thanks in advance! submitted by...
  10. how do I change default scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I change default scanner: how to I reset default scanner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-default-scanner/c43bb6a7-b28d-43a5-a810-a4431723be04