Windows 10: How do I change the default mp3 or mp4 player to Spotify?

Discus and support How do I change the default mp3 or mp4 player to Spotify? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the default mp3 or mp4 player to Spotify? I am not given that option. Why is it that Microsoft makes everything nearly impossible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MRoberts8888, Nov 29, 2020.

1. How do I change the default mp3 or mp4 player to Spotify?

How do I change the default mp3 or mp4 player to Spotify? I am not given that option. Why is it that Microsoft makes everything nearly impossible to prevent people from using non-MSFT products? Why do the simple directions provided by MSFT NEVER work?

:)

MRoberts8888, Nov 29, 2020
  2. UrunTekin Win User

Default Music Player

Hello,

I want to assign my keyboard's launch music player key to Spotify on win 10. For this I need to either assign the media key to the program somehow, or change the default music player.

The default music player is Groove and this is the one that starts when I press music player button. I cannot change the default program to Spotify, because it does not show up in the list when I go to default programs > music player. It suggest I search
    in the store, so I downloaded store version of Spotify as well, and it still doesn't show up there.

So how do I either change the behaviour of the music launcher key, or change the default music player to a program that does not show up in the list of music players under default programs.

UrunTekin, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Windows Media Player is not in Default apps list in Windows 10

I know, this question was asked many times, but there is still no answer that can actually solve the problem. There are steps to get the WMP in Windows Optional Features, install it if missing, etc. - I did all that, and now WMP runs and plays media files. However, there is no way in Windows 10 to set it as a Default App to play media file types.

• Go to "Default apps" > "Music Player" > "Choose Default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Choose default apps by file type" > ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Set Defaults by app" > Windows Media Player is here! > select "Manage" > find ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - the only choice is "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store".

After a long time spent searching I found this article: How to make any program the default on Windows 10 - gHacks Tech News

Apparently after 1803 you are supposed to use hackers tools to set the Microsoft's own Windows Media Player as default. I used FileTypesMan as was suggested in the article, but when I try to change assignments for .mp3 files, I get "Error 5: Access is denied" from the tool. Also, if I right-click on an .mp3 file and select "Open with..." it still suggests me to go to Microsoft Store, open with Notepad, Paint, Word, but not Windows Media Player.

What is the proper way to make WMP the default media player, so it shows up in the Default apps list?

sun2sirius, Nov 29, 2020
  4. How do I change the default mp3 or mp4 player to Spotify?

A New Mp4 Player.

I'm gonna buy a new Mp4 player. Suggest me some good ones, I personally like the Sony NWZ-F and Cowon iAudio 10.

If there are any good or better please suggest!

Thanks.
    *Cool How do I change the default mp3 or mp4 player to Spotify? :cool:

Pritish.Prayag, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

How do I change the default mp3 or mp4 player to Spotify?

1. How do I change the default mp3 or mp4 player to Spotify? - Similar Threads - change default mp3

2. I can't open my mp4 player ang mp3 player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open my mp4 player ang mp3 player: Hi, My name is ***.My mp4 playerMovies & TV can't open my mp4 file.My mp3 playerMedia Player can't open my mp3 file too.And my teacher send some homework on video.I can't open it.My homework still in my video:Help me!...
  3. I can't open my mp4 player ang mp3 player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my mp4 player ang mp3 player: Hi, My name is ***.My mp4 playerMovies & TV can't open my mp4 file.My mp3 playerMedia Player can't open my mp3 file too.And my teacher send some homework on video.I can't open it.My homework still in my video:Help me!...
  4. mp3 player

in Windows 10 Customization
    mp3 player: when I plug in my MP3 player -- the display shows that it is connected and charging; but where do I locate my MP3 player on my computer? I do not see it under 'This PC'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-player/933960db-36e7-44c6-b613-52e9c15c0654
  5. MP4 to MP3

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP4 to MP3: I need to change an MP4 to MP3 on Windows 10. Any assistance is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-to-mp3/2990569e-5c77-4486-a3a6-9c118609f2d8
  6. MP3 player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP3 player: Just bought a Supereye 16gb mp3 player but my windows 10 laptop does not recognise it and i dont know how to pair it, i am not computer literate but i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-player/6aec5e06-fd50-4ec7-a8f5-f335c281aa78
  7. how do i change from mp4 to mp3 in voice recorder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change from mp4 to mp3 in voice recorder: how do I change format in voice recorder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-from-mp4-to-mp3-in-voice-recorder/c54de3cc-934d-4a70-a556-03ffe4682b8c
  8. my mp4 to mp3 converter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my mp4 to mp3 converter: hello for the past serval days my converter has not been working right I go to youtube.com and copy and paste the link and nothing happens is the converter out of date or need an updated version thank you David wright 904 207 2992...
  9. Covert MP4 to MP3

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Covert MP4 to MP3: Hi . Is there a way to do it without using third party software? submitted by /u/faizalr17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzfv7d/covert_mp4_to_mp3/
  10. mp4 player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mp4 player: my windows 10 no longer sees my MP4 player, and I don't find out why, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-player/591d7c81-b71d-44fb-a8d1-81b6676e0255