Windows 10: How do I change the default program for PHP files

Discus and support How do I change the default program for PHP files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; on my windows 10 laptop I have PHP installed. however the system file associations shows that the "Free File Viewer" is the program associated with PHP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by barrykimelman, Nov 14, 2018.

1. How do I change the default program for PHP files

on my windows 10 laptop I have PHP installed. however the system file associations shows that the "Free File Viewer" is the program associated with PHP files.

when I run the control panel to change the file association for PHP files I do not get any option to choose any program on my hard drive. the only choice I am offered to change the file association is to choose an app from the app store. I want to use the php.exe file that is installed on my C: drivce.

how can I accomplish this change ?

:)

barrykimelman, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

how do I change the default program for extracting files

Hi,

You can change the default program that's extracting the files by either changing it from the settings or right-clicking on the zipped file and choose which program will open it. We'd like to know which program are you using yo extract the files.

In the meantime, follow the steps below to change the default program:

• Right-click on the file you want to extract.
    • Choose Open with and select which program you want to use.
    • In other cases, a new menu will appear when choosing Open with. You can choose "Choose Default Program" from there.

Change the default programs from the Settings.

• Go to Settings. Choose Apps then
      Default apps.
    • Select the app or program you want to use as default from the list.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Nov 14, 2018
  3. How to change default programs to open .jar files in Windowws 10?

Hello Snott,

As you are facing issues with setting-up default program to access .jar files, we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below steps to change the default program for .jar files and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type default programs
      and select Default Programs.
    • Click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select .jar file type and click on Change program.
    • Choose the program you wish to open with and click
      OK

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 14, 2018
  4. How do I change the default program for PHP files

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

How do I change the default program for PHP files

1. How do I change the default program for PHP files - Similar Threads - change default program

2. How do I change the default program which opens a particular file type?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the default program which opens a particular file type?: In the choose default apps by file type I'm only given 3 options:Choose an app1. an app that doesn't work2. an app that doesn't open the file type in question3. Look for an app in the Microsoft Store hint: there are noneHow do I choose a .exe already on my computer which I...
  3. How do I change the default program which opens a particular file type?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the default program which opens a particular file type?: In the choose default apps by file type I'm only given 3 options:Choose an app1. an app that doesn't work2. an app that doesn't open the file type in question3. Look for an app in the Microsoft Store hint: there are noneHow do I choose a .exe already on my computer which I...
  4. How do I change the default program which opens a particular file type?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I change the default file browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the default file browser?: Title. Trying out an alternate one and it's a pain to have File Explorer always opening by default. submitted by /u/Electro-Ninja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5emml/how_do_i_change_the_default_file_browser/
  6. How do I change the default for opening files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the default for opening files?: I’m trying to download a zip file from google. When trying to open it, I was asked what application to open it with and was prompted with several options. I clicked “open with internet explorer” and that didn’t work out. I’ve downloaded a proper zip file opener application...
  7. PHP > Programming Guide

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PHP > Programming Guide: Hi Everyone! Does anyone know how I could get a practical book on SQL Server Tutorials and examples? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/php-programming-guide/756484e3-23a3-49ef-b743-4eafa6047473
  8. How do I change the default programs... theyr'e not on the list.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the default programs... theyr'e not on the list.: Hi there everyone, I'm a new user to windows former Mac user since OS 9 classic. But I am finding my way around. One thing I am stuck with is changing default programs. I have say Canon software on my computer that I use to open image files but Windows doesn't even notice...
  9. how do I open .php and .html files with PHP editor Eclipse?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I open .php and .html files with PHP editor Eclipse?: when i go to the control panel's option "associate a file type with a default program", my IDE named Eclipse, which is a PHP editor is not in the list of programs to choose from. how can I set .php, .php3, .html and .htm files to open automatically with this program? is...
  10. Changing Default Program for File Type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Default Program for File Type: Hi, I had downloaded a file with .kmfs extension. What I was to do, but did not know then, was to rename it as .exe and execute the program. But, I had renamed it as a .pdf thinking the file is ready to read. Now, I want to change the file type default as nothing, so I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default apps for .php files

2. cant set default app for php files

3. .php file default app