Windows 10: How do I change the default texture upscaling/filtering method for old games on Windows 10

Discus and support How do I change the default texture upscaling/filtering method for old games on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The way I want it vs how it currently displays. Note I've already turned off the smooth edges option in magnifier settings and I also did a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by smolem, Feb 25, 2023.

1. smolem Win User

How do I change the default texture upscaling/filtering method for old games on Windows 10

The way I want it vs how it currently displays. Note I've already turned off the smooth edges option in magnifier settings and I also did a bunch of research on how to turn off filters, change upscaling method or whatever you want to call it for my GPUs Intel HD 530 & NVIDIA Geforce 960M, and yet it's still blurry.

:)

smolem, Feb 25, 2023

2. Bring back the pre-1.10 textures for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.

I have been playing Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for six years and the recent update for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition changed the default textures. Me and a lot of Minecraft players hate the new textures. Please bring back the textures from the 1.9 update for
    Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. If you can't, then can you make a texture pack with the old default textures like you did with Minecraft: Java Edition? The old default textures is what made Minecraft, Minecraft. The new default textures makes Minecraft not feel
    like Minecraft. Minecraft is my favorite game and the new default textures make me want to stop playing Minecraft forever, and I don't want that to happen. Please change back the default textures to the pre-1.10 version.

Thanks,

Jake Thorson a.k.a. JakeTBone

JakeThorson, Feb 25, 2023
  3. Mussels Win User
    Installing Windows Vista/7 Via flash drive (Mussels Method)

Thread updated with a newer method that allows multiple windows OS's on the one USB. nice little windows GUI, but a few more steps than the old method.

This method supports XP.

Mussels, Feb 25, 2023
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How do I change the default texture upscaling/filtering method for old games on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I change the default texture upscaling/filtering method for old games on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change default texture

2. How do I go back to the old screenshot method?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I go back to the old screenshot method?: I used to be able to take full screenshots instantly with winkey + prt sc but now it just pulls up the snipping tool and I have to select the area I want, which is rather annoying. Idk why it changed but how do I turn it back?...
  3. How do I go back to the old screenshot method?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I go back to the old screenshot method?: I used to be able to take full screenshots instantly with winkey + prt sc but now it just pulls up the snipping tool and I have to select the area I want, which is rather annoying. Idk why it changed but how do I turn it back?...
  4. How do I change payment method?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change payment method?: I have followed all the steps provided to change payment method, but it still gives me an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-payment-method/b22e49f8-26a8-4adc-9561-86f6d0965215
  5. How do I change payment method?

How do I change payment method?: I have followed all the steps provided to change payment method, but it still gives me an error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-payment-method/b22e49f8-26a8-4adc-9561-86f6d0965215
  6. How do I change payment method?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I change the default texture upscaling/filtering method for old games on Windows 10

How do I change the default texture upscaling/filtering method for old games on Windows 10: The way I want it vs how it currently displays. Note I've already turned off the smooth edges option in magnifier settings and I also did a bunch of research on how to turn off filters, change upscaling method or whatever you want to call it for my GPUs Intel HD 530 & NVIDIA...
  8. How do I change the default texture upscaling/filtering method for old games on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the default texture upscaling/filtering method for old games on Windows 10: The way I want it vs how it currently displays. Note I've already turned off the smooth edges option in magnifier settings and I also did a bunch of research on how to turn off filters, change upscaling method or whatever you want to call it for my GPUs Intel HD 530 & NVIDIA...
  9. how do I change my billing method

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I change my billing method: how can I change my billing method https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-billing-method/2d6d4ad5-381f-48bd-bac5-58093d29a895
  10. How do I change the default windows 10 password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change the default windows 10 password?: Hi, For some reason, my Windows 10 is synched to my Outlook password. This seems very silly to me. Does anyone know how I can a different password for my windows 10 so it's not the same as my hotmail? Cheers, J 16001