Windows 10: How do I change the default view for Windows 10 File Explorer TO DETAILS?

Discus and support How do I change the default view for Windows 10 File Explorer TO DETAILS? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 FILE EXPLORER LOVES ICONS. The COMMUNITY "SAYS" you can change the view to DETAILS but mine from when Windows was released prefers ICONS. ONE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jagman55, Jun 19, 2020.

1. jagman55 Win User

How do I change the default view for Windows 10 File Explorer TO DETAILS?

Win 10 FILE EXPLORER LOVES ICONS. The COMMUNITY "SAYS" you can change the view to DETAILS but mine from when Windows was released prefers ICONS. ONE can SET to DETAILS but on the next opening of a folder, here come the huge ICON.

SURELY someone OR Microsoft must know how to actually make FILE EXPLORER LEAVE DETAILS ALONE as DEFAULT. .

ANYONE?

:)

jagman55, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10

Here's how to change the default view for all folders of the same type (e.g. Documents)

1. First, change the layout to any folder of the Document-type to List View.
    2. Then open the "Change folder and search options" (in the View tab on the explorer window), then go to the view tab there.
    3. Finally choose "Apply to folders." Click Yes, and the List View will then be applied to all folders of the same type
    Picture-type folders will not be affected by changes made to other folder types.

GamertagCC, Jun 19, 2020
  4. How do I change the default view for Windows 10 File Explorer TO DETAILS?

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

How do I change the default view for Windows 10 File Explorer TO DETAILS?

1. How do I change the default view for Windows 10 File Explorer TO DETAILS? - Similar Threads - change default view

2. how the **** do you change the Windows "11" file Explorer Default view from "Details" to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how the **** do you change the Windows "11" file Explorer Default view from "Details" to...: this was a feature on the last three versions of windows and i cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the default on WINDOWS 11 I KNOW HOW TO DO IT ON WINDOWS 10 IM LOOKING FOR HELP IN WINDOWS 11 NOT WINDOWS 10. i have thousands of files and i cannot navigate them...
  3. how the **** do you change the Windows "11" file Explorer Default view from "Details" to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how the **** do you change the Windows "11" file Explorer Default view from "Details" to...: this was a feature on the last three versions of windows and i cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the default on WINDOWS 11 I KNOW HOW TO DO IT ON WINDOWS 10 IM LOOKING FOR HELP IN WINDOWS 11 NOT WINDOWS 10. i have thousands of files and i cannot navigate them...
  4. Change the File Explorer default view of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  5. Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10

Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10: On my computer, File Explorer in Windows 10 defaults to the icons view. That is useful sometimes, but by default, I want File Explorer to permanently open documents to List View except for Pictures. How can I set the default view to List View?By default, when I open File...
  6. How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?: As above, i want to view everything in my hard drive in file explorer as the 'details' setting in file explorer, i've searched google, but have found nothing that seems to work that well. submitted by /u/SaltyConnection [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|

Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|: https://funkyimg.com/i/2UB7q.png Somehow this ended up on my Download folder, How do I fix it so it isn't in my download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-change-file-explorer-default-view/10317313-4919-4451-9f5b-acd667a7eaaf"
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer details view

Windows 10 File Explorer details view: I want Windows 10 File Explorer to always show detail view, without regard to the file types. I want the default view, for any and all drives (local, thumb drives, USB drives, DVDs, etc), to be detail view. No matter what type file, the view should always be details, even...
  9. Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List"

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to change File Explorer default View from "Details" to "List": Hi all, I have been searching the web for an answer to this question since first getting Windows 10 last year. I would like my File Explorer to open using the "List" view rather than the current default of "Details". I have seen many responses that reference how to change...
  10. How do I set a default view in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set a default view in File Explorer?: I want 'List', not 'Details'. I could keep it at 'List' view in Windows 7, but I don't see a setting for that option any more? Also, I downloaded a program called Explorer Plus Plus, which I love. Is there any way in Windows 10 to make IT my default Folder opener?...