Windows 10: How do I change the desktop location back to its default location?

Discus and support How do I change the desktop location back to its default location? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have a ZBook 17 G3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I was copying some files to my external HD. I don't know what I did, but somehow I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jarodsafehouse71, Mar 16, 2021.

1. How do I change the desktop location back to its default location?

Hi

I have a ZBook 17 G3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I was copying some files to my external HD. I don't know what I did, but somehow I changed the Desktop's location to the External drive.

How do I correct this? I see where to change the location but I'm not sure what path to put in the field to get it back to its original locations. :

Can someone please help me get this fixed. I am panicking.

Thank you!

K

:)

jarodsafehouse71, Mar 16, 2021

2. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Ripper3 Win User

How do I change the desktop location back to its default location?

FS/FT Thread title location

One more suggestion for B/S/T forum is the inclusion of a location made mandatory.
    I know it's already possible, but there's a limited choice in locations, and not many people use it, assuming that because they're in the US, they don't need to.
    The problem from this comes when they state quite clearly (although sometimes not clearly at all), they only ship to the US.
    Making location mandatory in the thread title would save a bit of time and hassle, and would make searching the forum easier.

A suggestion for this: use the poster's location, if they've added a correct location, as the default.

It's not like it's an issue of privacy, the poster will tell where they're from within the post in a round-about way.

Not a big suggestion, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

Ripper3, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

How do I change the desktop location back to its default location?

1. How do I change the desktop location back to its default location? - Similar Threads - change desktop location

2. How do I change the location of the default documents/desktop etc. from a drive that...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the location of the default documents/desktop etc. from a drive that...: To start off with, I have 3 drives. C:, my boot drive, and S: and F:, for storage. A while back I changed my downloads and documents among other things like the desktop to my F: drive, as my C: drive is very small and I wanted space, but unfortunately I downloaded a file that...
  3. How do I change the location of the default documents/desktop etc. from a drive that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the location of the default documents/desktop etc. from a drive that...: To start off with, I have 3 drives. C:, my boot drive, and S: and F:, for storage. A while back I changed my downloads and documents among other things like the desktop to my F: drive, as my C: drive is very small and I wanted space, but unfortunately I downloaded a file that...
  4. How do I change the location of the default documents/desktop etc. from a drive that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. default desktop and downloads location

default desktop and downloads location: I basically fused my default Downloads and desktop folders so now anything that goes to my downloads folder also appears on my desktop and vise versa i accomplished this by, going into the properties of both my download and desktop folders and changing the path on the...
  6. Change default save location to Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to Desktop: For a Windows 10 laptop, is there a way to change the default save location from Onedrive to the PC Desktop? I don’t like to save Word files on the cloud, especially as some documents are sensitive. Every time I click ‘save’ on a new document, I always have to click a few...
  7. How do I change default Install location?

How do I change default Install location?: I almost followed a tutorial which uses regedit and thanksfully I read the comments before restarting the PC (the comments were telling that the tutorial broke their computer) I switched the location to D drive for a brief moment and immediately switched back as soon as I saw...
  8. Changing default storage location and reverting back

Changing default storage location and reverting back: Hi, I just got a newly PC installed with Windows 10 Pro. I changed some default locations for storing documents, videos, music etc. to point to another drive instead of C. This is working fine. Then I also changed the default storage location of new applications and...
  9. Change default paste location on desktop

Change default paste location on desktop: When i copy something and paste it on the desktop, it goes to the top left corner, pushing all my icons to make space. I want it to be put at the end of the list on the desktop,without affecting the location of other files. submitted by /u/kattiper [link] [comments]...
  10. How do I change default location for file storage?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change default location for file storage?: I need to store files at a location other than my SSD boot drive. I right click on a folder icon e.g., "downloads" and go to properties/location and change the drive letter. I go to the icon, right click and the location has been changed. However, downloads continue to go...