Windows 10: How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

Discus and support How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been trying to follow this:Drive A does not show up possibly because it's not accessible.I could not figure out how to bring up drive A. I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TawnDaniel, Apr 24, 2024.

1. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

I have been trying to follow thisHow do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable? :Drive A does not show up possibly because it's not accessible.I could not figure out how to bring up drive A. I could see only C & D.Thank you for your help,Tawn Daniel

:)

TawnDaniel, Apr 24, 2024

2. Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(

Hi, JClaude

My name is Kathleen and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

1 Open the Control Panel. Select "System and maintenance", then "Administrative tools".

2 Double-click on "Computer Management". Click "Continue" to verify that you want to open the Computer Management window.

3 Click on the link titled "storage" in the lower left corner of the window and then select "Disk Management". Find the drive letter assigned to the floppy drive in the panel in the center of the window, such as "(A How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable? :)" or "(B How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable? :)."

4 Right-click on the letter of the diskette drive and select "Change drive letters and paths." Click on the drive letter and choose the "Delete" option.

5 Click OK. "Close the window and restart the operating system to erase the floppy drive from the list of available drives.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

KahtleenTasman85, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Rhaine C. Win User
    Floppy disk drive driver

Greetings,

I appreciate your swift response, if the above steps did not work no worries since this is an open forum , we can ask assistance from other community volunteers with their feedback and suggestion with this issue.

For the meantime you can try to check on this thread by @Gary_816

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

After 6 hours this worked for me. I have the Teac drive also and it appeared to install correctly, but did not show up in Windows Explorer. During a boot up the drive clicks and spins like 3.5" drives did on older systems if there is diskette in the drive.
    I opened "Devices and Printers" in the Control Panel and the drive was there. With the diskette still inserted, right click on the Teac icon and select "Browse files > Floppy Disk Drive (AHow do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable? :)". File Explorer should open up and you will see the files on the
    floppy listed. You will now see "Floppy Disk Drive (AHow do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable? :)" listed under "This PC". Right click on "Floppy Disk Drive (AHow do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable? :)" and select "Pin to Quick access". "Floppy Disk Drive (AHow do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable? :)" should appear under "Quick access". Although "Floppy Disk Drive (AHow do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable? :)" will disappear
    from "This PC" after you close and reopen File Explorer, it will remain under "Quick access" and you can access it from there. It appears that W10 now thinks there is an internal drive "(AHow do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable? :)" because if you right click it "Eject" does not appear as an option.
    Why it disappears from "This PC" is a mystery.

Note: On my machine (ASUS) if I take out the diskette or disconnect the drive, "Floppy Disk Drive (AHow do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable? :)" stays in the "Quick access" menu. So no need to keep a diskette in the drive all the time or even have it connected all the time. Worked fine after I reconnected
    it.

Note 1: Under "Devices and Printers" the Drive was identified as "TEAC FD-05PUB". If you get something different (assuming you have a TEAC) try running "Troubleshoot" and see if that corrects it.

I hope the information above helps.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

With Warm Regards,

Rhaine C., Apr 24, 2024
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

trying get external iomega floppy drive to work with windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the current Windows 10 build version installed on your computer?
    2. Are you able to use the Floppy drive on a different computer?
    As there is a prompt on the screen saying the software is loaded, I suggest you to open the Disk Management and see if you are able to see the device under it.

Follow these steps to open Disk Management.

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Disk Management.

Scroll down the Disk management window and check if the Floppy drive is visible, if yes.

• Right click on the Floppy drive.
    • Click on Change drive Letter and Paths.
    • Click on Change.
    • Assign the drive letter you need and click on
      OK
    • Click OK to close the window.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

1. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable? - Similar Threads - change drive letter

2. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?: I have been trying to follow this:Drive A does not show up possibly because it's not accessible.I could not figure out how to bring up drive A. I could see only C & D.Thank you for your help,Tawn Daniel...
  3. How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the drive letter for my floppy disk drive if it's not accessable?: I have been trying to follow this:Drive A does not show up possibly because it's not accessible.I could not figure out how to bring up drive A. I could see only C & D.Thank you for your help,Tawn Daniel...
  4. How can I change floppy disk letter from B to A?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change floppy disk letter from B to A?: Hello, I have a Windows XP originally Windows 98 but updated by previous user laptop with both not working diskette and CD drives. I planned to downgrade the system to 98 as originally by using boot floppy disk + CD with the OS, I have both external and working floppy drive...
  5. How can I change floppy disk letter from B to A?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change floppy disk letter from B to A?: Hello, I have a Windows XP originally Windows 98 but updated by previous user laptop with both not working diskette and CD drives. I planned to downgrade the system to 98 as originally by using boot floppy disk + CD with the OS, I have both external and working floppy drive...
  6. How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?: I need to reassign the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive to avoid conflict with preassigned external drives that are used by various programs , backup procedures etc.It doesn't seem to show up in device manager, storage volumes etc...
  7. How to test 3.5" floppy disks and drive?

How to test 3.5" floppy disks and drive?: My Windows 10 PC has a 3.5" floppy drive, and I have a few old boxes of disks here. I want to to a full format and verify on the floppy disks to verify that they are good, and that the floppy drive is working OK. Other than the built in formatter (does it verify?) are there...
  8. Floppy disk drive driver

Floppy disk drive driver: I have a Sony external USB FDD identified by my Windows 10 control panel as MPF-MSRW1. Although my PC identifies it as present, the driver it has used does not seem to work. I have used Troubleshooter and Update Driver facilities but neither is able to determine a driver that...
  9. Floppy disk drive not reading disks

Floppy disk drive not reading disks: I have an external floppy disk drive that I have been using and it has stopped working with the message: "A: is not accessible. The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted."...
  10. Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(

Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...