Windows 10: How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?

Discus and support How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to reassign the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive to avoid conflict with preassigned external drives that are used by various programs , backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardFlack, Jan 9, 2022.

1. How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?

I need to reassign the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive to avoid conflict with preassigned external drives that are used by various programs , backup procedures etc.It doesn't seem to show up in device manager, storage volumes etc

:)

RichardFlack, Jan 9, 2022

2. DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Jan 9, 2022
  3. D: drive suddenly mapped to non existent CD ROM drive, cannot change or remove

File Explorer shows a CD ROM drive mounted to the D: drive letter. My computer does not have a CD ROM drive attached. The drive does not show up in Disk Management or in DISKPART "list volume". It does not show up in the registry (that I can find). This
    started occurring a couple days ago "out of the blue", I'm assuming a Windows update? When I right click on the drive in File Explorer and select Properties/Drivers, only the drivers for my hard drives show, no driver for the CD ROM drive.

This is causing me headaches because I typically mount a secure image to D: and all my applications are configured to find data on the D: drive. Rather than reconfigure the whole system I need to remove (or assign a different drive letter to) the "ghost"
    CD ROM drive.

mlfanning304, Jan 9, 2022
  4. How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?

CD ROM Drive (DHow do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive? :)

The CD Rom Drive (DHow do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive? :) got changed to DVD RW Drive (DHow do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive? :) during windows update. How do I change it back to CD ROM Drive instead of DVD RW Drive which I don't need.

MarrietIgnacio, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?

1. How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive? - Similar Threads - change drive letter

2. How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive?: I need to reassign the drive letter of the CD/ROM drive to avoid conflict with preassigned external drives that are used by various programs , backup procedures etc.It doesn't seem to show up in device manager, storage volumes etc...
  3. CD ROM DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD ROM DRIVE: I UPDREADE FROM 7 TO WIN 10 AND NOW MY PC DOES NOT SEE MY CD DRIVE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-drive/54c008f5-4dd7-4065-b015-0dd2b1d3e167
  4. cd rom drive

cd rom drive: hi just wondering at all if there is a cd rom drive on a lenovo laptop windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-drive/7b932ceb-cdc2-45c2-bd36-29cfa46a8c1e
  5. Drive Letter for CD keeps changing

Drive Letter for CD keeps changing: Hello --- I just noticed that eadh time I restart my laptop, drive letter for the CD reverts back to E: --- I then reset it to my prefered letter V: -- This seems to happen each time I restart my computer -- is there a way I can make this change permanent?...
  6. CD-ROM drive

CD-ROM drive: My computer crashed after updating windows 10. I downloaded the ISO recover and got my computer reprogramed. But it never recovered my CD-ROM drive. I have the option of using it in my bios boot menu but no where else. How do I recover my CD-ROM drive on my computer....
  7. CD Rom drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD Rom drive: I want to download a CD software disc. How do I open the CD Rom door in my HP computer with Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom-drive/1edb8c00-609a-4e62-8b60-e133e97ec45c
  8. How to change CD Drive's letter?

How to change CD Drive's letter?: I have both dvd and cd Drives shown on my computer on my laptop, i need to change the CD letter but, only DVD is shown in different programs. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. dvd/cd rom drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dvd/cd rom drive: I cannot get my dvd/cd rom drive to work. I have a HP Pavilion 23-q014ld all in one computer. It says all of my drivers are up to date. I tried the pin hole to manually open the door and that doesn't work. I tried all of the steps of deleting and reloading the driver and...
  10. CD Rom Drive

CD Rom Drive: My CD Rom drive will not read any CD or DVD. I've tried unintalling, etc. to no avail. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cd-rom-drive/b536efd0-4a95-478f-9149-50cdd5c7b681