Windows 10: How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account on my PC?

Discus and support How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account on my PC? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently changed my personal email address and went online to change it for my Microsoft account. However, I need to change it on my PC, and haven't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DebraAisenbrey, Jul 20, 2020.

1. How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account on my PC?

I recently changed my personal email address and went online to change it for my Microsoft account. However, I need to change it on my PC, and haven't been able to do so. I get a message on start up that I need to manage my Microsoft account, but the "email and accounts" page in Settings is empty. How do I change the email address?

:)

DebraAisenbrey, Jul 20, 2020
  2. NurdBurd Win User

how to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

When I opened my Microsoft account (many years ago), I used my then-current email address. That same email address is not my current email address anymore. I want to update my Microsoft account with my current email address.

How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

Thank you.

NurdBurd, Jul 20, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 20, 2020
  4. How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account on my PC?

Changing my microsoft email address

So I want to change the email address associated with my microsoft account. The only problem is I am currently using a microsoft-enabled account for windows 10. So my old email I want to change from literally has an account on this computer. My question is, when I change my microsoft email, will everything auto-update on my win 10 PC? Will my account name on my PC now change to the new email? Will there be any "remnants" of the old email that will not be able to be removed without having to make a totally new account on my PC?

bobsagetfullhou, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account on my PC?

1. How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account on my PC? - Similar Threads - change email address

2. How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?: How do I change the email associated with my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-email-address-associated-with/363bed23-ea25-4ac4-a4ab-a9072a39d2ed
  3. How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?: How do I change the email associated with my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-email-address-associated-with/363bed23-ea25-4ac4-a4ab-a9072a39d2ed
  4. How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I change the email address for my Microsoft account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the email address for my Microsoft account ?: I used my email address for a friend for their Microsoft account because they did not have an email address yet and this was their first computer. Now I am trying to get my email address off the account and enter their email address. It has been incredibly hard to do. Links...
  6. How do I change the email address for my Microsoft account ?

How do I change the email address for my Microsoft account ?: I used my email address for a friend for their Microsoft account because they did not have an email address yet and this was their first computer. Now I am trying to get my email address off the account and enter their email address. It has been incredibly hard to do. Links...
  7. How do I change my email address on my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my email address on my Microsoft account?: I'm getting so fed up with computers I want to throw it out thewindow. Now I can't change my email back on my microsoft accountbecause it just keeps logging me in and won't go to my login settings.My mail.com won't work on any of my accounts and my Gmail account may have been...
  8. How do I change my email address on my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my email address on my Microsoft account?: I'm getting so fed up with computers I want to throw it out thewindow. Now I can't change my email back on my microsoft accountbecause it just keeps logging me in and won't go to my login settings.My mail.com won't work on any of my accounts and my Gmail account may have been...
  9. need to change email address associated with my account

need to change email address associated with my account: How do i go about changing old email address in my account Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-email-address-associated-with-my/e925b368-172e-4b34-9286-5f39043bca45
  10. how to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

how to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?: When I opened my Microsoft account many years ago, I used my then-current email address. That same email address is not my current email address anymore. I want to update my Microsoft account with my current email address. How do I change the email address associated with...