Windows 10: How do I change the email for an MS account for a user?

Discus and support How do I change the email for an MS account for a user? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, A couple of years ago I got a Surface Pro 6, with 8GB RAM and an i5 with Windows 10 (19041.867). While I was setting it up for the user, I was... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SagaGV, Apr 5, 2021.

1. SagaGV Win User

How do I change the email for an MS account for a user?

Hi all,

A couple of years ago I got a Surface Pro 6, with 8GB RAM and an i5 with Windows 10 (19041.867). While I was setting it up for the user, I was asked to provide my MS account email. I did this and everything was fine. Now, when the user logs on, my profile picture from that account displays.

What I need to do is remove reference to my MS account. I've looked for information and found plenty, but I am not sure which way to proceed. I saw instructions on how to get to Accounts, select the user and click the Remove button, but the button is not visible, only the Change account type button is there.

My plan is to use a local account. Any orientation or advice is welcomed! Thank you for your time. Saga.

:)

SagaGV, Apr 5, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    different user accounts, only one email address?

Hi Geoff, welcome to the Ten Forums.

In Windows 10 it is not possible to use the same MS account for more than one user account on the same computer. If User-A signs in with an MS account User-A@AnyEmail.com, that MS account (email address) cannot be used to sign in any other user than User-A. User-B needs to use either a different MS account or a local account. However, you can use the same MS account on multiple computers.

There's no way to work around this restriction.

In your case I would simply install Windows 10 on both computers with a local admin account, then create an additional standard user account as an MS account on both computers using the same email address. If any of the two computers requires the gaming account, too, as you explained I would make this account a local account.

Tutorials:

Kari, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I change the email for an MS account for a user? - Similar Threads - change email account

2. how do i change my account email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my account email: i have my email as groti2007 but i want to change it to my main account: groti07 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-account-email/889a3f06-0b49-421e-803c-2fbf1183cc63
  3. how do i change my account email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change my account email: i have my email as groti2007 but i want to change it to my main account: groti07 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-account-email/889a3f06-0b49-421e-803c-2fbf1183cc63
  4. How do I change the email for a Windows account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the email for a Windows account?: I had used my email once in my moms Windows account and my email became her account's primary email, even though she's used her email multiple times on that account. There is no option to switch to local account so I can switch to her email.This picture shows the owner of the...
  5. How do I change the email for a Windows account?

How do I change the email for a Windows account?: I had used my email once in my moms Windows account and my email became her account's primary email, even though she's used her email multiple times on that account. There is no option to switch to local account so I can switch to her email.This picture shows the owner of the...
  6. How do I change my email in my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my email in my account.: Hi, our current email address is about to be put out to pasture at some point. I set up an outlook email account to replace it. When I go into my 365 account and try and set up another alias it says I can't use the new one because it is in use. How do I change the email to...
  7. How do I change the User email and name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the User email and name?: I've had this PC for a lot of time and it currently has an email that i dont think has ever even existed and a name that i would like to change. I tried changing it with "netplwiz" but it made an error appear when trying to open the file manager, then I tried to fix it with a...
  8. How do I change the User email and name?

How do I change the User email and name?: I've had this PC for a lot of time and it currently has an email that i dont think has ever even existed and a name that i would like to change. I tried changing it with "netplwiz" but it made an error appear when trying to open the file manager, then I tried to fix it with a...
  9. How do I change the User email and name?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.: Today I changed my outlook account to my original gmail account. In an earlier post I gave a tip to fix onedrive. This time I found out the the ms store was asking for outlook account password, did not work. Microsoft support could not help either. But refusing to give up I...