Windows 10: How do I change the font of the Khmer Language specifically?

Discus and support How do I change the font of the Khmer Language specifically? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I think the Khmer Font is ugly and I want to change it, problem is that the font it uses is also used for Thai and Lao. I want to change only Khmer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by កាបូន២៦, Feb 3, 2021.

1. How do I change the font of the Khmer Language specifically?

So, I think the Khmer Font is ugly and I want to change it, problem is that the font it uses is also used for Thai and Lao. I want to change only Khmer specifically, how could I do this?

:)

កាបូន២៦, Feb 3, 2021
  2. petrib Win User

Khmer Language Pack

Nokia is not providing/supporting any user-installable language packs.

You could try finding a compatible font file and replace the system font with one that supports Khmer characters (if all you need is for the N73 to display the language correctly).

For proper Khmer operations, you'd need an N73 which has been installed with a firmware version with Khmer support. I don't know whether such a version is available.

petrib, Feb 3, 2021
  3. After Upgrade to Windows 10 - Lost DaunPenh Font - How Do I Recover The Font?

Hi, M. Amadeo.

The DaunPenh font is available for Windows 10 as an optional feature. The font was designed primarily for the Khmer language, though it also has Latin letters and can be used for English or other languages. Many international fonts that were always installed
    on every Windows system in the past have been moved into optional features in Windows 10 so that the fonts are not taking up resources for users that don't actually require the fonts.

If you want to create or edit documents in Cambodian, then the best solution for you would be to add Khmer into your language settings. This will automatically install the optional font feature. But if you don't actually use Khmer and don't want to change
    your language settings, you can also install the optional feature manually.

To add the Khmer language to your language profile:

• In Settings, click Time & language.
    • Click Region & language.
    • If Khmer is not included in your languages, click the "+" icon next to Add a language.
    • Scroll to find Khmer , then click on it to add it to your language list.

Once you have added Khmer to your language list, then the optional Khmer font feature and other optional features for Khmer language support will be installed, provided you are online. This should only take a few minutes.

To manually add the optional Khmer fonts feature:

• In Settings, click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Click on the link, Manage optional features.
    • If "Khmer Supplemental Fonts" is not listed among the installed features, click on the "+" icon next to Add a feature.
    • Scroll to find "Khmer Supplemental Fonts". Click on that item, then click on Install.
    • Click on the back arrow in the upper corner of the window.
    You should see the Khmer feature in the list as installed or in the process of being installed.

PeterCon [MSFT], Feb 3, 2021
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

How do I change the font of the Khmer Language specifically?

khmer font keyboard layout

Hi,

For us to better assist you, can you tell us if you are pertaining to the physical keyboard layout or the on-screen keyboard?

Assuming that you want to remove or change Khmer as your keyboard layout, try changing the default language to English by following the steps below and see if the issue will persist:

• Go to Settings by pressing Windows key + I.
    • Select Time and language.
    • Click Region & language.
    • Under Languages, click Add language.
    • Look for the English (United States) language.
    • Once done, set the English (United States) language as the default language by clicking
      English (United States), then pressing Set as default button.
    • Remove Khmer by clicking the Remove button.
    • Check the keyboard layout again.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

How do I change the font of the Khmer Language specifically?

1. How do I change the font of the Khmer Language specifically? - Similar Threads - change font Khmer

2. How do I stop a specific app from triggering the language change hotkey?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop a specific app from triggering the language change hotkey?: When playing videogames, I sometimes press Ctrl+Shift, which is the layout switch hotkey that I'm used to. I don't want to completely remove/change it, just stop it from working when I'm gaming. Is there anything I can do?...
  3. How do I stop a specific app from triggering the language change hotkey?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop a specific app from triggering the language change hotkey?: When playing videogames, I sometimes press Ctrl+Shift, which is the layout switch hotkey that I'm used to. I don't want to completely remove/change it, just stop it from working when I'm gaming. Is there anything I can do?...
  4. Windows Display Language in KHMER

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Display Language in KHMER: Hi,I'm from Cambodia and I'm planning to have our language as one on the Windows Display Language Which will allow our Cambodian people easy to understand about the Technology. But May I ask how and what should I do to get our own language on the Windows Display....
  5. How do you change font language?

How do you change font language?: I downloaded a font Kalam from free google fonts to be used on my Dell windows laptop. It was in English when I downloaded it, but when I tried to set it as my default font, it shows up in another language. How do I fix this?...
  6. how do I change languages?

how do I change languages?: How do I change languages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-languages/2dda3808-3dd8-4793-b42c-1c13382395ee
  7. How to add khmer os font in microsoft office online!

How to add khmer os font in microsoft office online!: Dear all, I have a trouble in adding khmer os font in Microsoft office online. Thank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-khmer-os-font-in-microsoft-office/61fe7434-eb64-4b37-843c-39ae3cd977fd
  8. How to add or update the font package for a specific language in Win10?

How to add or update the font package for a specific language in Win10?: I bought my Surface Pro in U.S., it should be an American version. I prefer to use English as the system and software language, but I'm Chinese, stay in China for most of my time, and browse Chinese website a lot. Then I found that in many Chinese websites there are many...
  9. How can I change the fonts for "time"' and "change the language"?

How can I change the fonts for "time"' and "change the language"?: [img] Hi to all! It's me fisrt post here... I want to change these fonts ( like you see in my img ). Is it possible? thanks in advance guys! 76173
  10. How do I change the font?

How do I change the font?: So I want to make a new font to use on my computer instead of Arial but I can't figure out how to change the default font. Any help would be great. Thanks! 29905