Windows 10: How do I change the font size in ubuntu terminal x11 emulator?

Discus and support How do I change the font size in ubuntu terminal x11 emulator? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; https://i.imgur.com/nRdSrrz.png On the left is the normal Bash terminal. On the right is Terminator x11 terminal emulator. The font is too small on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by adabo, Nov 28, 2016.

1. adabo Win User

How do I change the font size in ubuntu terminal x11 emulator?

https://i.imgur.com/nRdSrrz.png

On the left is the normal Bash terminal. On the right is Terminator x11 terminal emulator. The font is too small on the right side. I tried the preferences to change the font/size, but nothing changes. Any ideas?

Thanks!

:)

adabo, Nov 28, 2016

2. How do i change the font? Not the font size.

Hi,

A software conflict could be the reason why you are encountering this error. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you updated your device to the Creators Update or the Insider Preview.

If you want to change the font, these are the steps you can perform:

• Go to Control Panel and locate Fonts.
    • Choose the exact name of the font you want to use.
    • Open Notepad.
    • Type/ copy the registry codes below:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"Segoe UI"="ENTER-NEW-FONT-NAME"
    • Replace ENTER-NEW-FONT-NAME with the name of the font you want to use.
    • Select File and hit Save As.
    • Select All Files under Save As, name your file and use
      .reg extension. Click Save.
    • Double-click the new file to merge in the registry.

Click Yes, then OK.
    • You should be getting a pop-up message that the new font has been successfully added to the registry.
    • Restart your device.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 28, 2016
  3. Dey5252 Win User
    How do i change the font? Not the font size.

After updating windows 10 the fonts has changed. I barely can read them.
    How do i change the font, not
    the font size, in Windows 10?

Build 15063

Dey5252, Nov 28, 2016
Thema:

How do I change the font size in ubuntu terminal x11 emulator?

1. How do I change the font size in ubuntu terminal x11 emulator? - Similar Threads - change font size

2. How do I change the clock/date font size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the clock/date font size?: On Windows 11, the date/clock font size is way too small for me to read, but I can't figure out how to increase the size. I increased display scaling, but it doesn't help. I've tried increasing the font size through the Accessibility settings, but it doesn't do anything to...
  3. How do I change the clock/date font size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the clock/date font size?: On Windows 11, the date/clock font size is way too small for me to read, but I can't figure out how to increase the size. I increased display scaling, but it doesn't help. I've tried increasing the font size through the Accessibility settings, but it doesn't do anything to...
  4. How to change font size and font weight for a Windows Terminal profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change font size and font weight for a Windows Terminal profile in Windows 10: This post will help you change font size for a Windows Terminal profile on Windows 10 computer. There are so many interesting Windows Terminal Tips and Tricks available that users find quite useful. One of such tips is to change the default font size. You can set the font...
  5. ssh terminal emulation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ssh terminal emulation: I'm using Windows 10 ssh to connect to a linux server for a new project. To what value should I set my linux TERM environment variable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssh-terminal-emulation/ef82365d-257b-42c9-8a15-3bd92bcf73c6
  6. How do I change Font Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change Font Size: When I log in font size is to small https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-font-size/f7da11ea-bf8e-4d8b-8930-bb922794a620
  7. How do i change the font size in Works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i change the font size in Works: How do I change the fot size in Works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-in-works/8ece89bd-33fe-4670-8c18-a6f428caf20a
  8. terminal emulation when ssh'ing to Windows 10 from ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    terminal emulation when ssh'ing to Windows 10 from ubuntu.: I turned on ssh server on a windows10 desktop. I ssh into the windows 10 from an ubuntu laptop. I can use cmd.exe, powershell, and bash (WSL), but I can't use any terminal applications... If I go into bash, and use the man or more commands, I get the first screen and then...
  9. How To Change Font Size?

How To Change Font Size?: I just installed the most recent update for Windows 10 and I've noticed that my fonts in Windows 10 and my apps are smaller. Even in apps like Chrome and Firefox my fonts are smaller. How can I increase the size of my fonts? Thank you. 81749
  10. How do I change the font size of the text displayed

How do I change the font size of the text displayed: I have not tweaked anything but find that the font size of the text displayed (say of TenForums) has reduced. I have tried Settings-> Display. It has only two options : Default (100%) & 150%. If I set it to 150%, everything including Desktop & Taskbar are affected. I tried...