Windows 10: How do I change the language on the lock screen?

Discus and support How do I change the language on the lock screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been trying out all the answers I have seen on here and none of them have worked. Currently I have Japanese for the Microsoft Store and English... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by smichellec, Feb 29, 2020.

1. How do I change the language on the lock screen?

I have been trying out all the answers I have seen on here and none of them have worked. Currently I have Japanese for the Microsoft Store and English on my lock screen. I can't seem to change the Japanese to English. Below is what I am seeing. Any ideas on how to make it all English?

Thanks!

How do I change the language on the lock screen? 0a0d67dc-11a9-44bf-9f8b-4a9f6001789c?upload=true.jpg

:)

smichellec, Feb 29, 2020

2. change display language

/Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if you are able to change the language in the lock screen by following the steps below:

• In the lock screen click on the last icon from the right.
    • Select English from the menu.

If this option is not available, in the lock screen, hold the Windows key and use Space bar key to change language.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 29, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How do I change the language on the lock screen?

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

How do I change the language on the lock screen?

1. How do I change the language on the lock screen? - Similar Threads - change language lock

2. How do you change language of the Lock Screen because it is showing on in a different language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change language of the Lock Screen because it is showing on in a different language: I uploaded to show an example of my problem and I tried reset by changing language and I don’t use Microsoft edge and when I click on language from the Lock Screen of my laptop it and I change it back to English but when I lock my laptop it back to it defaults...
  3. How do you change language of the Lock Screen because it is showing on in a different language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change language of the Lock Screen because it is showing on in a different language: I uploaded to show an example of my problem and I tried reset by changing language and I don’t use Microsoft edge and when I click on language from the Lock Screen of my laptop it and I change it back to English but when I lock my laptop it back to it defaults...
  4. How do I change my lock screen?

How do I change my lock screen?: I am attempting to change it and I am seeing "Some of these settings are managed by your organization." I have tried resetting it, but it didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-lock-screen/b2be11cf-bfd9-4354-87a4-d82f9f6b054d
  5. language changing on lock screen problem

language changing on lock screen problem: Hello MicrosoftI just installed a windows 10 update but when the update finished i tried to enter my password as usual but the language stayed english which i do not want and i tried to change it into arabic which i want but i discovred that there is no arabic languagenow i...
  6. language changing on lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    language changing on lock screen problem: Hello MicrosoftI just installed a windows 10 update but when the update finished i tried to enter my password as usual but the language stayed english which i do not want and i tried to change it into arabic which i want but i discovred that there is no arabic languagenow i...
  7. language changing on lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. how do I change languages?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I change languages?: How do I change languages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-languages/2dda3808-3dd8-4793-b42c-1c13382395ee
  9. how do i change the WELCOME screen, NOT the LOCK screen?

how do i change the WELCOME screen, NOT the LOCK screen?: literally what the title says. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-welcome-screen-not-the-lock/6b74d8ae-b411-42cd-8db9-478a4415f3c8
  10. How do I Change location on Lock screen

How do I Change location on Lock screen: On the lock screen the location shows Washington DC. I am in the same time zone, but I live in Atlanta GA. How do I change location to Atlanta. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-location-on-lock-screen/ae5aedca-9cee-4295-b475-259ac58c3f4c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to change lockscreen keyboard from arabic to english