Windows 10: How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep?

Discus and support How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidWeaver5, Aug 18, 2019.

1. How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep?

How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep?

:)

DavidWeaver5, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 18, 2019
  4. How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep?

PC goes to sleep after a few minutes

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below to change your system's sleep settings.

1. Go to Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Change your desired sleep timing in this Tab.

2. Now, click on Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings >Change Advanced Power Settings.

3. Expand Sleep and give the appropriate time.

If this doesn't help, I would suggest you run the built-in troubleshooter:

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Power. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep?

1. How do I change the length of time before my computers goes to sleep? - Similar Threads - change length before

2. My computer goes on Sleep mode even after settings change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer goes on Sleep mode even after settings change.: I updated to Windows 11. After 30 seconds to a minute of idle, the computer locks and after like 10 seconds goes to sleep mode. It is extremely annoying as I work. My settings are all at NEVER turn off yet this keeps happening....
  3. How do I put my computer to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I put my computer to sleep?: Very specific directions:On my old computer which had a problem that couldn't be fixed it was six years old though reinstalling Windows might help I could push a button and the computer would turn off but would come back on with just the touch of a key or the mouse. No need...
  4. How do I put my computer to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I put my computer to sleep?: Very specific directions:On my old computer which had a problem that couldn't be fixed it was six years old though reinstalling Windows might help I could push a button and the computer would turn off but would come back on with just the touch of a key or the mouse. No need...
  5. BSOD every time my computer goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time my computer goes to sleep?: My computer has been getting BSOD every time it goes to sleep for the last month and I don't know what to do. I have updated drivers, but nothing seems to work. I attached a MSinfo export and the last three minidumps. There were no changes made to the computer the day the...
  6. How do I change where my storage goes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change where my storage goes?: I've been trying to download a couple things but it says I don't have enough storage to download it when I have another hard drive with 1 TB. I have tried to look for ways to fix this but I am not too good with computers. Can anybody help? My main storage is just labeled as...
  7. How do I change the max sound effect length?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the max sound effect length?: I would like to change a sound effect, but my wav file is a little too long. Would compressing it help? Do I have to trim it? I'll even edit the registry if I have to. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/_sample_text_here [link] [comments]...
  8. Why do I have to sign-in every time my pc goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I have to sign-in every time my pc goes to sleep?: Hi, Is there no way to skip the sign-in screen I see every time I log into W10 or my pc goes to sleep? (first I have to press the background and then press sign-in, annoying!) I saw a lot of guides online but none helped. Note that I don't have a password, so it is even...
  9. How do I change the time before my desktop goes to bubbles? My widows up date can not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the time before my desktop goes to bubbles? My widows up date can not...: There must be some way to increase the time to allow Windows update t****sh the desktop goes to bubbles and turn to black and blocks the update to finish. the circling little dots are not enough to keep it open long enough to install....
  10. my computer goes to sleep each 2 minutes. How do I extend that period?

in Windows 10 Customization
    my computer goes to sleep each 2 minutes. How do I extend that period?: I need to expand the time when my computer asks me to sign in again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-computer-goes-to-sleep-each-2-minutes-how-do-i/c855bfa4-2a77-4e83-a002-8370e871e0a5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can I extend the length of time between sleep on Microsoft 10