Windows 10: how do i change the location of 'documents'?

Discus and support how do i change the location of 'documents'? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I've reset my laptop so i could use it for my education. However, since the reset the 'my documents' (and Pictures) user-folder at 'my PC'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WannesVdW, Oct 16, 2016.

1. WannesVdW Win User

how do i change the location of 'documents'?

Recently I've reset my laptop so i could use it for my education. However, since the reset
    the 'my documents' (and Pictures) user-folder at 'my PC' has been changed to the onedrive equivalent. I've tried turning off onedrive by changing my group policy, but it turned out that just removed the folders, but kept the link, resulting in a missing folder error. So i was forced to turn it back on. Is there any way for me to get the folders at 'my pc' to direct at my personal user folders?

how do i change the location of 'documents'? [​IMG]

:)

WannesVdW, Oct 16, 2016

2. How can I change the location of the recorded files in Voice recorder windows 10

Hi Boris,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Sorry to inform you that there is no such option available in Windows 10.

The default location will be Documents > Sound Recordings.

For more information I suggest you to refer this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-use-voice-recorder

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 16, 2016
  3. How can I change the location of the recorded files in Voice recorder windows 10

Hello,

How can I change the location of the recorded files?

If this option is not available, how can I share the recorded file autoamaticaly to onedrive?

Thanks,

Boris

BorisShalomov, Oct 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, is that what you're looking for?

dalchina, Oct 16, 2016
  5. WannesVdW Win User
    i've tried this, but there doesn't seem to be an option to with the links in 'my PC'

WannesVdW, Oct 16, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
  7. WannesVdW Win User
    ok, so i managed to do it. I unlinked my PC via onedrive settings and relinked it, choosing a new location for the onedrive folder (inside the documents folder) this caused the links at 'my PC' to refresh and obtain the tab 'location'. After that it was just a reset to default and it now refers to the right folders! thanks!

WannesVdW, Oct 16, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Well done.. it's something many struggle with...

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how do i change the location of 'documents'? - Similar Threads - change location 'documents'

2. How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?: How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?I am unable to change the location for the Documents folder under This PC. It is the only folder in which the Properties menu does not give me the Location tab. Currently it is only allowing me to connect it...
  3. How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?: How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?I am unable to change the location for the Documents folder under This PC. It is the only folder in which the Properties menu does not give me the Location tab. Currently it is only allowing me to connect it...
  4. How do I change the location of the Documents folder under This PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I change the location of the default documents/desktop etc. from a drive that...

How do I change the location of the default documents/desktop etc. from a drive that...: To start off with, I have 3 drives. C:, my boot drive, and S: and F:, for storage. A while back I changed my downloads and documents among other things like the desktop to my F: drive, as my C: drive is very small and I wanted space, but unfortunately I downloaded a file that...
  6. How do I change the location of the default documents/desktop etc. from a drive that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the location of the default documents/desktop etc. from a drive that...: To start off with, I have 3 drives. C:, my boot drive, and S: and F:, for storage. A while back I changed my downloads and documents among other things like the desktop to my F: drive, as my C: drive is very small and I wanted space, but unfortunately I downloaded a file that...
  7. How do I change the location of the default documents/desktop etc. from a drive that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I change the location of This PC > Documents?

How do I change the location of This PC > Documents?: When I open File Explorer, under This PC I have the following: Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos. I'm trying to change the locations Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos from my bootup drive to a data drive. I've managed this for...
  9. Moved documents location. how do I restore it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved documents location. how do I restore it?: I moved my documents location from C:/Users/aaron/Documents to D:. It's not really ideal as the whole drive is dedicated to documents now. I probably should have made the file structure inside the D drive first. How do I fix it? I can't create a new folder inside my user...
  10. Changing Documents location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Documents location: Following Microsoft instructions, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/310746/configuration-of-the-my-documents-folder, last updated in April of 2017 and then looking at their instructions on how you can actually still do this in a new 2019 instruction piece,...