Windows 10: How do I change the Login Screen background image?

Discus and support How do I change the Login Screen background image? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This used to work prior to the latest 1903 update. How can I change the Login Screen background image?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tdehan, Aug 5, 2019.

1. tdehan Win User

How do I change the Login Screen background image?

This used to work prior to the latest 1903 update. How can I change the Login Screen background image?

:)

tdehan, Aug 5, 2019

2. Login Screen Background Change

Hi,

Windows 10 has an easy way to customize your login screen background. To get started follow these steps:

• On the Search bar, type Lock screen settings.
    • Click it from the search result and you should see the available options to change the background image.

How do I change the Login Screen background image? 41f64c00-dbff-4cde-8391-308ce31786c4.png
    Don't hesitate to respond if you need more help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Aug 5, 2019
  4. How do I change the Login Screen background image?

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

How do I change the Login Screen background image?

1. How do I change the Login Screen background image? - Similar Threads - change Login Screen

2. How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...: I really don't like that yellowish tint. It's not a good color. I have tried editing color settings using color management, but it didn't change anything. Thanks for any pointers....
  3. How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...: I really don't like that yellowish tint. It's not a good color. I have tried editing color settings using color management, but it didn't change anything. Thanks for any pointers....
  4. Change image on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change image on login screen: How do I change image on login screen from micro soft image to image of my choice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-image-on-login-screen/d9cdb201-67ff-4a3a-b823-480d575ebf14
  5. Change Login Screen Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Login Screen Background: Where can I find the setting to change the login screen background image from the default Windows logo that comes with it? 129621
  6. Desktop background and lock screen changes with an image I do not know of

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop background and lock screen changes with an image I do not know of: My desktop background isn't set to slideshow, but for some reason it changes my preferred background to the the image below. My lock screen is set to the same picture as well despite me setting it before to Windows Spotlight slideshow. I've actually experienced this issue...
  7. Change login screen background color

Change login screen background color: I upgraded my PC from 8.1 and I had a black background for the login screen before and after I had upgraded it had grandfathered that background color. Now that I did an in-place upgrade (to fix some bad windows files), it seems it has taken on the default blue since I have...
  8. How to Change the Login Screen Background and themes

How to Change the Login Screen Background and themes: Is my first post so sorry if i am not correct in request: 1 - How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 2 - To use different themes respect old tweaks i must use a UltraUXThemePatcher or similar ? Thank Hispa 11637
  9. change the Login screen background?

change the Login screen background?: Is there an easy way to change the Login screen background? 13815
  10. How to change the login screen background image?

How to change the login screen background image?: I was wondering where the login screen background image is stored? I'm trying to change it to a different image. Thanks. 31131