Windows 10: How do I change the Mail App Display Name?

Discus and support How do I change the Mail App Display Name? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to change the Mail app display name on Windows 11. All other recommendations given to me said to open Manage Account, Select the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rods012, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Rods012 Win User

How do I change the Mail App Display Name?

I have been trying to change the Mail app display name on Windows 11. All other recommendations given to me said to open Manage Account, Select the Account, then open "Sync Settings" for the account I want to change. However when I follow that, the options available on my "Sync Settings" window do not match what others show. The attached photo is what mine looks like. I have tried opening this from the Mail app as well as from System Settings and neither worked how others would show it.I would love to know if anyone has any solution for this! Thanks all!

:)

Rods012, Oct 11, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Mail app; how to change / update the mail display name ?

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting the query in Microsoft Community Forum!

Form the description; you want the display name to be changed in the mail app.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

Hope this information is helpful. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reply.

Arul_D, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app; how to change / update the mail display name ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in this forum. I am more than happy to assist you with your concern about changing the display name of your profile.

To change your display name, just simply follow the steps below.

Once you have changed the display name check whether the name has been updated in the Mail app.

If you have other questions or concerns, please let us know and we'll be much happy to answer them for you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Oct 11, 2021
  4. How do I change the Mail App Display Name?

While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

How do I change the Mail App Display Name?

1. How do I change the Mail App Display Name? - Similar Threads - change Mail App

2. How to change displayed name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change displayed name?: Hello!I have changed my name and now my deadname is showing everywhere - on the Microsoft apps and on my laptop. I really don't want to see my old name. What can I do?...
  3. How do I change an app's display name in 'Open with' menu Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change an app's display name in 'Open with' menu Windows 10?: If I'd like to open a file with another application, I would do the following:right-click on the file hover over 'Open with' Select 'Choose another app' Click 'More apps' Scroll until I find the one I need and select itMy issue is that the display name that the apps show is...
  4. How do I change an app's display name in 'Open with' menu Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change an app's display name in 'Open with' menu Windows 10?: If I'd like to open a file with another application, I would do the following:right-click on the file hover over 'Open with' Select 'Choose another app' Click 'More apps' Scroll until I find the one I need and select itMy issue is that the display name that the apps show is...
  5. How do I change an app's display name in 'Open with' menu Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I change the Mail App Display Name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the Mail App Display Name?: I have been trying to change the Mail app display name on Windows 11. All other recommendations given to me said to open Manage Account, Select the Account, then open "Sync Settings" for the account I want to change. However when I follow that, the options available on my...
  7. How do I change the display name for one of my accounts in the Windows 10 Mail app?

How do I change the display name for one of my accounts in the Windows 10 Mail app?: Also known as "Send your messages using this name".It doesn't have this option for either of my Gmail accounts:Whenever I send an email from any of my three email accounts in the app, it has the display name as "David". This is fine for two of my accounts, but I don't want...
  8. native mail app not displaying my name - how can i change this?

native mail app not displaying my name - how can i change this?: My Gmail is not sending with my name from the app. it says group admin which doesnt help my recipient to know its me sending them an email. How can this be solved?...
  9. How do I change the display name for one of my accounts in the Windows 10 Mail app?

How do I change the display name for one of my accounts in the Windows 10 Mail app?: Also known as "Send your messages using this name".It doesn't have this option for either of my Gmail accounts:Whenever I send an email from any of my three email accounts in the app, it has the display name as "David". This is fine for two of my accounts, but I don't want...
  10. Change display name in Mail for Windows 10

Change display name in Mail for Windows 10: I would like to change the display name for a google account in the Windows Mail app, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it. The display name is the name that other people see when they receive an e-mail for you, and the name which replaces the mail address when...