Windows 10: How do I change the Microsoft account used on a particular profile on a windows PC

Discus and support How do I change the Microsoft account used on a particular profile on a windows PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This question had been asked before, but it was locked before it provided any useful assistance. I had set up my grandfather's pc with my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LoganHankin, Aug 15, 2021.

1. How do I change the Microsoft account used on a particular profile on a windows PC

This question had been asked before, but it was locked before it provided any useful assistance. I had set up my grandfather's pc with my windows account, and wanted to change it to his account. I added his account to his profile on the pc, but despite being an administrator that last part is important, if you read the linked forum post. I then went to my account online, and unlinked the pc, and went to his account online and linked it. However, it still shows my account when in his profile. I want to completely remove my account and add his account to the profile. And I would like to emphas

:)

LoganHankin, Aug 15, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 15, 2021
  4. SpiritGp Win User

How do I change the Microsoft account used on a particular profile on a windows PC

Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile

My child somehow associated his Microsoft account from school with the main profile on our home PC and we can't figure out how to change/remove it. He's essentially taken over that profile. Any and all suggestions appreciated shy of saving local data
    wiping it.

SpiritGp, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

How do I change the Microsoft account used on a particular profile on a windows PC

1. How do I change the Microsoft account used on a particular profile on a windows PC - Similar Threads - change Microsoft account

2. How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?: I'm trying to change the "Local Account" status on a laptop PC. The option on the Settings -> Accounts page is to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". When I try to do that, the system also asks for my Windows 11 password which I don't have.How can I fix this problem...
  3. How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change a Pc's "Local account" setting to a Microsoft account?: I'm trying to change the "Local Account" status on a laptop PC. The option on the Settings -> Accounts page is to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". When I try to do that, the system also asks for my Windows 11 password which I don't have.How can I fix this problem...
  4. How do i change the Microsoft account that is connected to my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change the Microsoft account that is connected to my pc: A few weeks ago someone hacked my microsoft account, and i need to change the Microsoft account that is linked to me pc because of this. can someone please help me....
  5. How do i change the Microsoft account that is connected to my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change the Microsoft account that is connected to my pc: A few weeks ago someone hacked my microsoft account, and i need to change the Microsoft account that is linked to me pc because of this. can someone please help me....
  6. How to change microsoft account connected to a windows 10 profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change microsoft account connected to a windows 10 profile: When i installed windows 10 on my laptop, it asked me to add a microsoft account which i did and it saved that account for my current user. I just recently logged into xbox app with a friend's microsoft account, and it removed my existing microsoft account and added his...
  7. How to change microsoft account connected to a windows 10 profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change microsoft account connected to a windows 10 profile: When i installed windows 10 on my laptop, it asked me to add a microsoft account which i did and it saved that account for my current user. I just recently logged into xbox app with a friend's microsoft account, and it removed my existing microsoft account and added his...
  8. How do I change a profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change a profile: I have 2 profiles. One is my primary account (x) and the other is the one that my laptop is connected to (y). I was wondering if it was possible to change profile y to profile x. Is there a way to do that without deleting all of my data submitted by /u/WerewolfHide19...
  9. how do you change the microsoft account on a computer profile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you change the microsoft account on a computer profile?: yesterday I signed into my Microsoft account on a device that isn't really mine, and now my account is stuck linked to the main profile on that computer. I want to change the Microsoft account without changing the profile because the profile holds a lot of important...
  10. How do I change the profile or account of the default login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change the profile or account of the default login: When I first turn the PC on it attempts to login through what must be the default account held by Windows 10. That fails because the password doesn't match. So I'm at the login, I've forgotten the password. At the login screen there is a second user icon for which I do know...