Windows 10: How do I change the Microsoft Store Icon?

Discus and support How do I change the Microsoft Store Icon? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to change it back to how it looked before the update? If it didn't have the colored squares, I wouldn't care, but as it is now, I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by possom2009, Oct 27, 2017.

1. How do I change the Microsoft Store Icon?

Is there a way to change it back to how it looked before the update? If it didn't have the colored squares, I wouldn't care, but as it is now, I don't like it.

:)

possom2009, Oct 27, 2017
  2. smpRNXY Win User

How do I change the microsoft account the camera uses to upload to onedrive?

I also find this incomprehensible. I have two accounts on my phone, a personal one and a business one. I wish to use the business one to store photos etc as its got more space. I can't direct the phone to use the onedrive business account notwithstanding
    the settings for photo's ask me which account I want to use. You can't actually set another account except the personal one which I used to set up the phone. Very annoying especially with the new reduced storage space on Onedrive personal accounts. I have
    a new Lumia 950.

smpRNXY, Oct 27, 2017
  3. How do I change the microsoft account the camera uses to upload to onedrive?

You are correct. Your initial account is the default one drive source. If you are setting up another phone make sure to use your new account.

RussellGanesh, Oct 27, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

How do I change the Microsoft Store Icon?

1. Respectfully submit a request via the Feedback Hub...

or,

2. You would need to open 2 or 3 folders within the Windows Apps folder, of which you are 'Denied Access'

How do I change the Microsoft Store Icon? [​IMG]

then you would need to change all the Tiles to that of your liking in each folder, exactly the same size, type and name!

then, rewrite each Manifest in each folder to point to the newly created Tiles

Hardly worth the effort, and risk!

I recommend 'Let Sleeping Dogs Lie'

Edwin, Oct 27, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    You can create a desktop shortcut and change icon to anything you like. However if you pin it to tsskbar, it is ignored.

cereberus, Oct 27, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Yup!

And, if you put the shortcut in the Programs folder, you get a blank Taskbar icon!!!

Can't win for losin!!! *Rolleyes

Edwin, Oct 27, 2017
  7. BRU
    bru Win User
    I just started a thread about how the store icon has not changed on one of my computers. Which update was it tied to?

8. cereberus Win User

Not tied to any specific update n 16299.15 as UWP apps are independently updated. It is always a bit of mystery why some pcs n same build version update at different paces.

I regularly check for uwp updates manually in the Store.

cereberus, Oct 31, 2017
  9. Steve C Win User
    If you use Classic Shell then you can create a desktop shortcut for any App on the Desktop and change the shortcut icon to anything you want.

Steve C, Oct 31, 2017
  10. cereberus Win User
    You do not need classic shell to do this.

cereberus, Oct 31, 2017
  11. BRU
    bru Win User
    It is tied to an update. An app update. For me it was tied to the Windows Store being up to date. I have my apps set to not auto update and as soon as I updated the Store the icon changed.

12. Yes, I’m perplexed by this. I never allow auto update of apps. Always manually check but sometimes an app will update on one pc and not the other. It’s not very often but a case example was a few days ago the camera app updated for one machine but it didn’t get offered to the other one til a few days after. In that respect I much prefer the Apple app stores, none of that going on, one device or machine gets an app update they all get it.

both machines did get the store update same time and the icon changed on both. However I notice if I search for store by typing in cortana it finds the store in its list but has the old app icon (at least it did when I last checked). But on start menu and the store I have pinned to taskbar the icon is updated

Scottyboy99, Oct 31, 2017
  13. f14tomcat Win User

Odd, indeed.

f14tomcat, Oct 31, 2017
  14. I stand corrected. It does now show in search as the new icon. Maybe just timing then in my case because initially it was the old icon even after the update and pc restart

Scottyboy99, Oct 31, 2017
  15. f14tomcat Win User
    Give it a little while, it'll change again....

f14tomcat, Oct 31, 2017
Thema:

1. How do I change the Microsoft Store Icon? - Similar Threads - change Microsoft Store

2. How do I change the folder icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the folder icons?: Hi, so I want to make my desktop look nicer and so I was trying to change the icons of the folders with windows 11, but every time i try to find a folder icon on google, it turns out to be a pdf and it wont let me use that as an icon....
  3. How do I change the folder icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the folder icons?: Hi, so I want to make my desktop look nicer and so I was trying to change the icons of the folders with windows 11, but every time i try to find a folder icon on google, it turns out to be a pdf and it wont let me use that as an icon....
  4. How do I change the taskbar icon that is installed from the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the taskbar icon that is installed from the Microsoft Store?: I recently bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition from Microsoft Store and I want to change the icon because it looks ugly. However, I right clicked on the app and right clicked again, but it doesn't show the properties option. Is there a way to change the icon?...
  5. How do I change display name on Microsoft store review

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I change display name on Microsoft store review: How do I change what name is displayed in a microft review that i posted. My real name was displayed on my reciew and i need to change it ASAP. I looked on other questions in this forum but none of them work or make any sense. Please help me change this. Microsoft please add...
  6. How do i reinstall Microsoft store?

How do i reinstall Microsoft store?: Hello, So yesterday I reseted my computer since it wasn't working, however i realized today that Microsoft store was not on my computer. I went to the web based Windows Store to download apps, but nothing downloads upon clicking the "Get the app" link but nothing happened....
  7. How do I change iTunes icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change iTunes icon?: [ATTACH] I am trying to change my iTunes icon. It is driving me nuts that it is the only one I can't change. I have been googling and searching for hours and this is my last resort. Has anyone figured out how to do this in Windows 10? Thank you!...
  8. How do I change the language in Microsoft Store?

How do I change the language in Microsoft Store?: Windows is set to use English, but Microsoft Store appears in French. I could cope with German, but English would be preferable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-language-in-microsoft-store/36b85059-b58f-4a21-8ecf-2a6e668ca344"
  9. How do I change the default icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the default icons?: Just wondering how and if I can change the default icons in windows and if there is anything I could use to do so thanks submitted by /u/HuNtEd_10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e09jfh/how_do_i_change_the_default_icons/
  10. How do I change accounts on microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change accounts on microsoft store?: How do I change accounts on microsoft store? I need to log in using a different microsoft account to access a certain beta..... Why won't it let me log into a different microsoft account??? it just says you cannot log in using a personal account use a work or school...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my microsoft store icon is change

2. how to change microsoft store icon

3. how to change icon of microsoft store

4. how to change the icon for microsoft store