Windows 10: How do I change the monitor in which my notifications pop up on?

Discus and support How do I change the monitor in which my notifications pop up on? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 and I have two monitors, whenever I get a notification from either an application or from a website like Facebook, it appears on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chickenkickflip, Nov 12, 2017.

1. How do I change the monitor in which my notifications pop up on?

I'm running Windows 10 and I have two monitors, whenever I get a notification from either an application or from a website like Facebook, it appears on my primary monitor. I would like to know if I can make the notifications appear on my second monitor without changing my second monitor to become my primary monitor. Changing my second monitor to become my primary one is out of the question.

Thanks for the help!

:)

Chickenkickflip, Nov 12, 2017

2. can i move the action center to my second monitor?

Why i doubt MS will do something. They mostly concetrated on converting Desktop PC in arm tablet (which one is CAN'T have more than 1 display).

I have 3 monitors (if only i had opportunity, i wanted to have 4), and this annyong useless notification center pop up on primary of course.

Probably most windows 10 users just caual 1 monitor/tablet/dead_mobile_platform guys, and MS focused on target audience.

SilentPrayerCG, Nov 12, 2017
  3. JuanKa_W Win User
    Windows 10: How to change the little notification pop-up windows position on screen?

Thanks in advance community members,

Only for Windows 10:

How to change the "little notifications pop-up windows" position on screen?

By default Windows 8 has this little notifications pop-up windows on the Up-Right corner,

but with Windows 8.1 I get to have it pop-up in the Lower-Left Corner near the Clock of my Taskbar which is located in the LEFT border.

But now In Windows 10 It is by default on the Lower-Right Corner which is not helpful to me.

I think that it is great the new options to customize each notification for each apps/software but all that greatness is useless if that "little notifications pop-up windows" it appears in a not helpful place.

Also I have been waiting for years to customize the time and interactions of that "little notifications pop-up windows".

For example: options for how much seconds does it show up the notification, or Stay up to been clicked it off as MS Outlook has this options. I remembers also has a transparent percentage options.

JuanKa_W, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

How do I change the monitor in which my notifications pop up on?

Hello @Chickenkickflip , welcome to tenforums! *Smile

Right click on your Taskbar and click on Taskbar Settings;
    under Multiple displays turn Off 'Show taskbar on all displays';
    right click on the primary Taskbar again and unlock it, drag the Taskbar to your secondary monitor, lock Taskbars;
    go back to Settings and turn 'Show taskbar on all displays' back on.

EDIT:
    One tiny drawback: The full Taskbar right click options will only be available on the moved Taskbar, (your secondary monitor).

How do I change the monitor in which my notifications pop up on? [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 12, 2017
  5. I tried this and the notifications still pop up on my primary monitor. Is there any other way?

Nonetheless thank you

6. Edwin New Member
    I just noticed that here too! *Sad

It's an old trick from Windows 8 that I'd forgotten about, so, glad you asked! *Smile

However, the Action Center icon is over on the secondary monitor but the Action Center (WinKey+A) itself still opens on the primary monitor! Sorry bout that! *Sad

Windows Projection (WinKey+P) opens on the secondary monitor, but not Action Center!!! Go figure! *Confused

Again, my apologies for leading you astray!

Edwin, Nov 12, 2017
  7. No Worries Friend, I appreciate the help nonetheless, have a nice night!

8. Edwin New Member

Thanks mate!

The only other thing I can suggest is to do the reverse of the above; make the secondary monitor the main display but drag the primary Taskbar over to the first display, unless that's still out of the question.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I change the monitor in which my notifications pop up on? - Similar Threads - change monitor notifications

2. notifications not popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notifications not popping up: My notifications and all the icons towards the right-side of the taskbar, like sound, wifi, battery are not popping up. need help, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-popping-up/6b9b7b64-c372-44e0-b561-24541e8520da
  3. notifications not popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notifications not popping up: My notifications and all the icons towards the right-side of the taskbar, like sound, wifi, battery are not popping up. need help, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-popping-up/6b9b7b64-c372-44e0-b561-24541e8520da
  4. How do I get rid of a message which has popped up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of a message which has popped up?: I was working on a Word document and a message popped up "Your Microsoft account brings everything together". I can't get rid of this message as my screen is too small and it doesn't allow me to click anywhere. I have tried moving the task bar to the right hand side and this...
  5. Pop-up Notification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop-up Notification: This Notification Pop-up every 30 to 40 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notification/55475e14-0364-4dc8-a0c6-d4ce85cebb5d
  6. Action Center: How can I change which monitor the Action Center pops up in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center: How can I change which monitor the Action Center pops up in?: I have a 2-monitor set-up where my Left monitor is my main display. My Action center used to appear on my right monitor as I've also moved the main task bar to the right monitor. I was fiddling with a pen display tablet yesterday and I think that somehow changed it to my...
  7. Notifications always pop up from taksbar; how do I stop that?

Notifications always pop up from taksbar; how do I stop that?: After a crash, I re-installed Win 10/64. But now, I keep getting very aggravating and totally USELESS pop ups from the taskbar. "Select symbol to broadcast your game." or "Press windows to start." etc... I went into Settings and turned off ALL the notifications I found. But...
  8. Pop up notifications

Pop up notifications: I keep getting "pop ups" from Chrome, Gmail, Facebook, etc. I can't seem to stop these. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notifications/7ea77412-e489-4d7e-ae22-4ba660af5f22
  9. My pop up email notification

My pop up email notification: Hi I get notifications whenever I get a new email and it is causing lengthy delays in viewing any on line movies. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-pop-up-email-notification/84c545a9-35c3-4fc1-a5a7-e37ebabc654d
  10. Changing the location of the Pop-Ups of the Notification Center

Changing the location of the Pop-Ups of the Notification Center: Hi With Windows 10 v1607, it is possible to change the location of the Notification Center notification Pop-Ups? Thanks Bye 61623

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how-do-i-change-monitor-my-notifications-pop-up