Windows 10: How do I change the name of my administrator account in Windows 10 Home?

Discus and support How do I change the name of my administrator account in Windows 10 Home? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the name of my administrator account in Windows 10 Home?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gordon Round, Nov 4, 2019.

1. How do I change the name of my administrator account in Windows 10 Home?

How do I change the name of my administrator account in Windows 10 Home?

:)

Gordon Round, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Louie002 Win User

Change administrator name in Windows 10

To change the administrator name on windows 10, simply follows these steps;

1. search control panel at the bottom of your screen and open it.

2. Click "User Accounts"

3. Repeat step 2

4. Click "change your account name"

Louie002, Nov 4, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Name change to my Administrator account not being saved

Hello Dominick,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the account name in Windows 10. Type user accounts in the search box and press enter and select change account name and try to change the account name and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance, We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I change the name of my administrator account in Windows 10 Home? - Similar Threads - change name administrator

2. How do I change name of the account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change name of the account?: How do I change my microsoft account's name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-name-of-the-account/11bba7ff-7c1f-402f-87f4-86033c95a1cc
  3. How do I change name of the account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change name of the account?: How do I change my microsoft account's name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-name-of-the-account/11bba7ff-7c1f-402f-87f4-86033c95a1cc
  4. How do I change my account to administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my account to administrator?: I’m on windows 11 and can’t find the change account type setting. There’s no family & other users setting so I’m unsure what to do as I’m trying to allow third party apps on my laptop....
  5. How do I change my account to administrator?

How do I change my account to administrator?: I’m on windows 11 and can’t find the change account type setting. There’s no family & other users setting so I’m unsure what to do as I’m trying to allow third party apps on my laptop....
  6. How do I change the name of my windows account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the name of my windows account?: My Teams account and Windows account use the same name. I need to change the name of my Windows account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-of-my-windows-account/2da5db1a-07d7-448a-80be-d132530e9543
  7. How do I change the name of my windows account?

How do I change the name of my windows account?: My Teams account and Windows account use the same name. I need to change the name of my Windows account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-of-my-windows-account/2da5db1a-07d7-448a-80be-d132530e9543
  8. how do i change the administrator name and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i change the administrator name and password: how do i change the administrator name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-administrator-name-and/118e903a-08bf-4140-a370-8304567c67b4
  9. How do I change the name of the Administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the name of the Administrator?: How do I change the name of the Administrator? I just bought a new HP Slim 290 and I was in a hurry to set up. I know how to add another account. I just want to change the name of the Adminstrator. I cannot seem to find a way or any help. Thank You...
  10. how do I change the administrator on my account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do I change the administrator on my account?: How do i Change the administrator name and email address on my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-administrator-on-my-account/3359495c-b329-4ba5-876a-2508618c8449"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. GMAIL IS MY ADMINISTRATOR BUT AM GETTING A NEW LAPTOP CAN I MAKE OUTLOOK MY ADMISTRATOR ON THE NEW ONE

2. how to change administrator role in gmail