Windows 10: How do I change the name of my device?

Discus and support How do I change the name of my device? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the name of my device?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JacobBendel, Apr 24, 2019.

1. How do I change the name of my device?

How do I change the name of my device?

:)

JacobBendel, Apr 24, 2019

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Baleful Win User
    Changing device names and deleting devices

Yeah, you can't delete old/retired machines from the "my grid" page. The only option you have really is to wait a few days then change how it sorts the list:

How do I change the name of my device? ActiveMachines.png

Oh, and Mike is correct, by changing the windows "computer name" it'll change on the "my grid" page.

Baleful, Apr 24, 2019
  4. mike047 Win User

Changing device names and deleting devices

You can't delete "retired" machines....there is some kind of "paper" trail they keep and the "old" devices are kept in archive.

I think???you can change machine names by doing so in windows "computer name" and then it might change[can't remember for sure] if it doesn't do so...detach and do a remove/re install and it should change.

mike047, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I change the name of my device? - Similar Threads - change name device

2. How do I Permanently change the name of my Bluetooth Devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Permanently change the name of my Bluetooth Devices?: I have followed these steps to change my Bluetooth device names:Use the search feature and search for Control panel.Select View by: Category, then click Hardware and sound.Click Devices and Printers.Right-click the device you want to rename, then click Properties.Rename the...
  3. How do I Permanently change the name of my Bluetooth Devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Permanently change the name of my Bluetooth Devices?: I have followed these steps to change my Bluetooth device names:Use the search feature and search for Control panel.Select View by: Category, then click Hardware and sound.Click Devices and Printers.Right-click the device you want to rename, then click Properties.Rename the...
  4. How do I change the name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the name on my computer?: I inherited a computer from my father and would like to change the name that appears as it signs into Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-computer/58afc85c-f5b9-441b-b7c7-073729a0f47d
  5. How do I change the names of devices on my LAN?Private Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the names of devices on my LAN?Private Network: On my local/home/private network I have 2 PC's and a Network back-up drive affixed to the Router by ethernet cables and a printer and mobile phone via wifi.My issue is with regard to the ethernet-cabled devices. I have several questions within the following script, all of...
  6. How do I change the name of my device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I change the name of my device?: I'm re-installing Windows 10 on my PC. The device name that was automatically assigned is quite obscure. I'm afraid I won't be able to recognize it in a list of family devices. Is there a way to change the name? Thanks, DebFisher1...
  7. How do I change my computer's device name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my computer's device name?: I'm using my dad's old surface 5 and the device name is in all caps and it's annoying because my headphones have voice prompts so whenever they connect they read out the individual letters one by one submitted by /u/Noam_244 [link] [comments]...
  8. How to change device name

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change device name: I got a new laptop and the device name is a cryptic thing I'd like to change to something I immediately understand. How do I do that Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-device-name/605a7f2f-93e2-490b-a74f-8ada2e367170
  9. How do I change a device name under device manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change a device name under device manager?: For example, I purchased a second Xbox Controller Adapter because the first one was faulty, now it shows up as “Xbox Adapter #2”. submitted by /u/Adalwolf311 [link] [comments]...
  10. How do I change the name of my device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the name of my device?: How do I change the name of my device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-of-my-device/e6923ea4-bf5f-4616-83bc-46816f84b820