Windows 10: How do I change the name of my main Administrator user?

Discus and support How do I change the name of my main Administrator user? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Firstly I needed to divide my windows 10 into 2 accounts: for work and for gaming. I have done by creating a new user without the account. I can change... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andrii Mikhov, May 11, 2019.

1. How do I change the name of my main Administrator user?

Firstly I needed to divide my windows 10 into 2 accounts: for work and for gaming. I have done by creating a new user without the account. I can change the name of the new user to "Gaming". But the main user name can't be changed probably because my Microsoft account name in attached to it. I want to see 2 users when I turn on the computer : "Gaming" and "Work". Is that possible?

Thank you in advance!

:)

Andrii Mikhov, May 11, 2019

2. Windows User name for administrator

Hi Tony,

If you wish to rename the Administrator account, you must first be logged on as the administrator to change the account name. Here are the steps on how to change the account username.

Method 1: Change Local user account name.

• Press Windows key + R > type netplwiz
      > OK.
    • The User Accounts window will pop up, click User tab, then select the account that you'd like to change the name >
      Properties.
    • On the General tab, enter the your desired user name >
      Apply
      > OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Method 2: Change the user account if you're using a Microsoft account.

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts > Your Info.
    • Click Manage my Microsoft account. This will take you to Microsoft account settings page.
    • Select Edit name, then change the first and last name , and click
      Save.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Rachelle Gra, May 11, 2019
  3. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, May 11, 2019
  4. How do I change the name of my main Administrator user?

user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, May 11, 2019
Thema:

How do I change the name of my main Administrator user?

1. How do I change the name of my main Administrator user? - Similar Threads - change name main

2. How to change the name of main user's folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the name of main user's folder: Dear colleges, could you please help me to rename the user's folder? I tried several methods, but didn't help. I use computer language R, but it can not read my working directory, only because as it shown that my folder's name is in kirill alphabet instead of english....
  3. how do i change the administrator name and password

how do i change the administrator name and password: how do i change the administrator name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-administrator-name-and/118e903a-08bf-4140-a370-8304567c67b4
  4. User Name - How Do I Change

User Name - How Do I Change: The user name that appears to others, lets say on Zoom, or other game sites, is not what I want and I want to change it. I have gone to ZOOM My Account, Profile, etc and identified the username that appears is fine. I think the name that appears is a "computer name". I...
  5. How do I change the name of the Administrator?

How do I change the name of the Administrator?: How do I change the name of the Administrator? I just bought a new HP Slim 290 and I was in a hurry to set up. I know how to add another account. I just want to change the name of the Adminstrator. I cannot seem to find a way or any help. Thank You...
  6. How do I change my "users" name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my "users" name?: I just noticed whenever I save a file and look for the file path to something, its been a number instead of my name. So it looks like C: > Users > 46374> etc.. is there a way to change it to my actual name instead of this? submitted by /u/braaan92 [link] [comments]...
  7. How to change administrator name under Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change administrator name under Users: I want to change the administrator name under Users on my computer. Can you tell me how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-administrator-name-under-users/32a02d20-ad17-4cf0-ac8c-1d6a5e9c4c71"
  8. How do I change a user name.

How do I change a user name.: When I was reinstalling Windows 10, what a hassle, I had to use Windows 7. Windows 7 during install asked for a user name and I gave it a number "3" thinking Windows 10 would ask for user name, I was wrong. So I am listed as "3" and I want to change to my name. How do I do...
  9. Change name for user (administrator)

Change name for user (administrator): I am the administrator on my computer and I cannot figure out how to change my name on Windows 10.... When I go to control panel there is no option to change username under the users section. When I change it by pressing Windows button + R and typing netplwiz it does not...
  10. How do I change my users name.

How do I change my users name.: take it with this, The username is taken by the old owner. [img] Since I want to rename it, It doesn't let me edit it. I don't know if that will stick like that forever. 79248