Windows 10: How do I change the name of my optical drives

Discus and support How do I change the name of my optical drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can change the drive letters, but I have two optical drives with different capabilities. I would like to differentiate them from one another. Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SJMaye, Apr 28, 2019.

1. SJMaye Win User

How do I change the name of my optical drives

I can change the drive letters, but I have two optical drives with different capabilities. I would like to differentiate them from one another. Can I change the text name?

:)

SJMaye, Apr 28, 2019
  2. klepp0906 Win User

Changing the name of your Optical drive possible?

So ive spent some-odd hours trying to fix this and its not looking good. That in and of itself is perplexing but I figured if its doable, you guys here would know how!

So I'm aware of the means of which you can change your Drive letters, not an issue. I am even aware of several ways of labeling or "renaming" your drives. All has gone swimmingly until I arrived at my optical drive. FTR its a LG blu ray burner that shows up as "CD-Drive" in windows 10.

I want to rename the drive as Ive already changed the letter to what I had intended but am now stuck with the marginally inaccurate and personally undesireable label/name. I've tried all methods I can find and worst case they dont work at all, best case they append the name after the drive letter so instead of say CD-Drive (DHow do I change the name of my optical drives :) I end up with CD-Drive (DHow do I change the name of my optical drives :) Optical Drive. The ideal outcome would simply be "Optical Drive (DHow do I change the name of my optical drives :)" for example.

Anyone able to help? Dont care what it takes!

klepp0906, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Optical Drive missing

Hello,

To find Optical Drive, we recommend checking it on Device Manager. Here are the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type and click Device Manager in Cortana search box.
    • Click View.
    • Select Show hidden devices.
    Let us know how it goes.

Ernie San, Apr 28, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Optical Drive

Hi ERNESTSMITHVM,

Boot into BIOS/UEFI and check that the Optical drive is listed there, if it is not then the Acer Tech has somehow not connected that drive correctly . . .

Otherwise, in Windows , open Device Manager - is hat drive listed at the top of the Hardware list?

DaveM121, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I change the name of my optical drives - Similar Threads - change name optical

2. How do I change the name of my optical drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the name of my optical drives: I can change the drive letters, but I have two optical drives with different capabilities. I would like to differentiate them from one another. Can I change the text name? 131641
  3. How do I change the name of my device?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the name of my device?: How do I change the name of my device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-of-my-device/20fea6b1-6a83-47f9-b353-c4e0984b1e0b
  4. How do I change the log in name?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change the log in name?: I would like to change the log in name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-log-in-name/5552d4a8-b5ab-47e0-bb62-dc8974189350
  5. how do i change name of laptop

how do i change name of laptop: I have an acer laptop and want to call it Ann's laptop how do I do that? ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-name-of-laptop/6b8b079a-b083-46fc-9a08-ab0a22c08fba
  6. How do I change the name of my device?

How do I change the name of my device?: How do I change the name of my device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-of-my-device/e6923ea4-bf5f-4616-83bc-46816f84b820
  7. How do I change my network connection's name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change my network connection's name: How do I change the network connection name?/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-change-my-network-connections-name/1e219d11-3cd1-4a96-9ade-a4b306a3d743
  8. How do I change my users name.

How do I change my users name.: take it with this, The username is taken by the old owner. [img] Since I want to rename it, It doesn't let me edit it. I don't know if that will stick like that forever. 79248
  9. Changing the name of your Optical drive possible?

Changing the name of your Optical drive possible?: So ive spent some-odd hours trying to fix this and its not looking good. That in and of itself is perplexing but I figured if its doable, you guys here would know how! So I'm aware of the means of which you can change your Drive letters, not an issue. I am even aware of...
  10. How do I change name of my LAN network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change name of my LAN network?: I installed Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10130 on a computer connected to the LAN via Ethernet and I updated it. How do I change, in a simple way, the name of my LAN network? Thanks Bye 7268