Windows 10: How do I change the name of the user account on windows?

Discus and support How do I change the name of the user account on windows? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to change the name of the user account of windows that's under "C:\Users" but I cant figure out how.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Doggo Pal, May 5, 2021.

1. Doggo Pal Win User

How do I change the name of the user account on windows?

I want to change the name of the user account of windows that's under "C:\Users" but I cant figure out how.

:)

Doggo Pal, May 5, 2021

2. Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, May 5, 2021
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, May 5, 2021
  4. How do I change the name of the user account on windows?

Change the user name in Windows 10

Hi Rick,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are both the accounts are admin account?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: To determine the user account type:

• Login to any account.

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Your user account will show and below that it will show your local account or admin account.

• Once you know about the account type.

• You can go to user account and change the name.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the account and click on properties.

• Change the user name and click on apply and then ok and one more time click on ok on the main screen.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, May 5, 2021
Thema:

How do I change the name of the user account on windows?

1. How do I change the name of the user account on windows? - Similar Threads - change name user

2. How do I change name of the account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change name of the account?: How do I change my microsoft account's name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-name-of-the-account/11bba7ff-7c1f-402f-87f4-86033c95a1cc
  3. How do I change name of the account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change name of the account?: How do I change my microsoft account's name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-name-of-the-account/11bba7ff-7c1f-402f-87f4-86033c95a1cc
  4. How do I change name of the account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User Name - How Do I Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Name - How Do I Change: The user name that appears to others, lets say on Zoom, or other game sites, is not what I want and I want to change it. I have gone to ZOOM My Account, Profile, etc and identified the username that appears is fine. I think the name that appears is a "computer name". I...
  6. How do I change my "users" name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my "users" name?: I just noticed whenever I save a file and look for the file path to something, its been a number instead of my name. So it looks like C: > Users > 46374> etc.. is there a way to change it to my actual name instead of this? submitted by /u/braaan92 [link] [comments]...
  7. How do I change a user name.

How do I change a user name.: When I was reinstalling Windows 10, what a hassle, I had to use Windows 7. Windows 7 during install asked for a user name and I gave it a number "3" thinking Windows 10 would ask for user name, I was wrong. So I am listed as "3" and I want to change to my name. How do I do...
  8. How Can I Change User Account Name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Can I Change User Account Name: My computer was sent in for repair. Part of the solution was to completely reinstall Windows 10 (Home). The default administrator account was named User. I would like to change this to my name. How do I do this?...
  9. How do you change the name on a user account; win10?

How do you change the name on a user account; win10?: There is a typo in the name on my user account, which causes confusion. When attempting to change the user name, I receive a message pertaining to permission. I've changed the level of system security, but no luck. Knowing there is a simple solution, what am I overlooking?...
  10. How to change Account Name and User Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Account Name and User Name?: I am the sole user of my pc. Under Settings/Accounts my name is:- John Smith my email address Administrator Q1 How do I change this to just:- Pete Administator? Under This PC I have drives C, F and G In C the user is called John In F user called Pete In G...