Windows 10: How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2

Discus and support How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wish to change the name which appears over the sign in box when I start windows 10.How do I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Quattz034, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Quattz034 Win User

How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2

I wish to change the name which appears over the sign in box when I start windows 10.How do I do this?

:)

Quattz034, Dec 1, 2022

2. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Personalization of name that appears on sign on screen on Windows 10.

Hello Lew,

We understand your requirement in this regard.

Are you talking about the name that appears with your Microsoft account?

If yes, then you can follow below mentioned steps to change or Edit the name on your Microsoft account.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.

• Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Get more help Get more help.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 1, 2022
  4. How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2

1. How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2 - Similar Threads - change name appears

2. How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2: I wish to change the name which appears over the sign in box when I start windows 10.How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-which-appears-on-the-sign/cae8f42f-c039-44dc-9265-0fe035e88513
  3. How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the name which appears on the sign-in screen in Win 10 22H2: I wish to change the name which appears over the sign in box when I start windows 10.How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-which-appears-on-the-sign/cae8f42f-c039-44dc-9265-0fe035e88513
  4. How do I change the colour on my Welcome/Sign in screen which appears after turning on my PC?

How do I change the colour on my Welcome/Sign in screen which appears after turning on my PC?: How do I change the colour on my Welcome/Sign in screen which appears after turning on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-colour-on-my-welcomesign-in/3e2c7039-3312-48d9-a397-5219c308fc44
  5. How do I change the sign-in name on my computer?

How do I change the sign-in name on my computer?: How do I change the sign-in name on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-sign-in-name-on-my-computer/6a42d04d-9eea-4146-bcb1-e77ba5df25ab
  6. How do change a family members name on Win 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do change a family members name on Win 10: I have misspelt my daughter's surname on her family account. Can I say that adding her was an absolute nightmare - going around in circles for an hour - this MUST be fixed asap. There is no where anywhere to amend this error. Surely it should be easy? Please advise....
  7. How do I change my user name that appears on the lock screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my user name that appears on the lock screen?: I tried doing it from the control panel, but the cyange name option didn't show up. I also tried changing the name registered with my Microsoft account online, but that didn't work either. submitted by /u/Reri1600 [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I change my sign in screen name

How do I change my sign in screen name: How do I change my sign in screen name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-sign-in-screen-name/176d068e-651e-4421-afaf-61a39362eadc
  9. changing name on sign in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    changing name on sign in screen: I bought a used computer from pawn shop when I plugged in sign in screen came up with what I believe must be old user is it possible to remove name and install my name so I can use?...
  10. How do I change the name that appears on the start up screen for Windows 10?

How do I change the name that appears on the start up screen for Windows 10?: How do I change the name that appears on the start up screen for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-do-i-change-the-name-that-appears-on-the-start/146d22cb-d3f1-4484-9a54-acbbee663fe8