Windows 10: how do i change the network availability from all users to just one user account

Discus and support how do i change the network availability from all users to just one user account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I connect to a specific network connection with each user. I am trying to have only one user account connect to a specific SSID and the rest of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Quentin Muzingo, Aug 6, 2019.

1. how do i change the network availability from all users to just one user account

how do I connect to a specific network connection with each user. I am trying to have only one user account connect to a specific SSID and the rest of the users not to?

(More specific info)

i want one user account to only connect to one specific Wi-Fi network and any other user accounts of the same computer as the first account to not connect to that network. i know there is a way to set that up when setting up a network but it didn't ask me when connecting to this network. it use too say some think like "share this network point with other users"

:)

Quentin Muzingo, Aug 6, 2019

2. User Account

Hi Barry,

We cannot use a standard (local) account to change the account type to administrator. We can only use an existing administrator account to do this.

We suggest following these steps on how to change the account type to administrator using the existing administrator account:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard, then click on
      Control Panel
    • Choose User Accounts, and then select User Accounts again.
    • Under Make changes to your user account, click on Manage User Accounts. (It will show all user accounts and administrator account on the computer.)
    • Sign out and log on with any administrator account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts and then select the standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.

Get back to us if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

how do i change the network availability from all users to just one user account

How do you change a user account to an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Arul_D, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

how do i change the network availability from all users to just one user account

1. how do i change the network availability from all users to just one user account - Similar Threads - change network availability

2. How do i change user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change user: Ive tried to move user accounts off C: drive. Than i made a new user to see if files appear on the mew location. They didn't nor did they appear on C drive. I restarted the PC thinking it might solvr the issue.On login screen only the newly made test account is visible....
  3. How do i change user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change user: Ive tried to move user accounts off C: drive. Than i made a new user to see if files appear on the mew location. They didn't nor did they appear on C drive. I restarted the PC thinking it might solvr the issue.On login screen only the newly made test account is visible....
  4. How do i change user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Make this my main screen changes for all users if one user changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make this my main screen changes for all users if one user changes: Hi, There are three users in our house using our Dell XPS 15 with extended monitor Dell U4320Q. Requirement:1 When I log in, I want my laptop to be my main display.2 When my son logs in, he wants the extended monitor to be his main display. Explanation of Problem:The above...
  6. Make this my main screen changes for all users if one user changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make this my main screen changes for all users if one user changes: Hi, There are three users in our house using our Dell XPS 15 with extended monitor Dell U4320Q. Requirement:1 When I log in, I want my laptop to be my main display.2 When my son logs in, he wants the extended monitor to be his main display. Explanation of Problem:The above...
  7. How to change one user account to get sound, while all other users and admin get it ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change one user account to get sound, while all other users and admin get it ?: Windows 10 Pro; Sound : "No speakers or headphones are plugged in" in just one user account When I log in an admin account, or other users, sound works fine. In just one user, I get the red sound account at login No change in hardware and with the mouse over the icon, the...
  8. How do I consolidate user accounts into one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I consolidate user accounts into one?: I have multiple user accounts on my Windows 10 machine but they are all me, created when problems arouse at login. How do I consolidate these into one user account? Will I lose files if I delete them?...
  9. How do I change name of user folder from default? (C:>Users>USER)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change name of user folder from default? (C:>Users>USER): i just got a new laptop and the users folder is stuck with the name as just "user". i thought that since i have my microsoft account on the laptop it would change the user folder name automatically using the first 5 letters of my email (as it did on my old computer), but it...
  10. As the only user, how do I set my user account just for me?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    As the only user, how do I set my user account just for me?: As the only user of my PC, how do I seI setup my user account security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-the-only-user-how-do-i-set-my-user-account-just/2d54a0b6-995b-4335-a54a-9e04bb434818"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change network availability to all users

2. network availability : all users