Windows 10: How do I change the Owner/User name on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I change the Owner/User name on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I change the Owner's name to my name on a computer I was given. I don't necessarily want to reformat the whole thing because it was relatively... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alligators Inc., Sep 13, 2018.

1. How do I change the Owner/User name on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10?

How do I change the Owner's name to my name on a computer I was given. I don't necessarily want to reformat the whole thing because it was relatively clean when I received it and has a lot of programs on it that I wouldn't be able to afford to replace. Of course I can do a backup and restore from that but I don't have any of the product keys and/or codes. So... is there any way to change the owner's name to my own without reformatting?

:)

Alligators Inc., Sep 13, 2018

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Sep 13, 2018
  3. user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Sep 13, 2018
  4. BobZ2 Win User

How do I change the Owner/User name on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10?

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

How do I change the Owner/User name on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10?

1. How do I change the Owner/User name on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10? - Similar Threads - change Owner User

2. How to change owner name of documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change owner name of documents: Hi, I created an user for my PC and since then the documents folder has been named for example "C:\Users\xxx\Downloads"Now I changed the PC name, and i'd like to change xxx to this new name. Is it possible?...
  3. How do I change my Users name on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my Users name on Windows 10?: How can I change my User name? If you look at the attached screenshot, it says "helen". I have NO idea how it became that, and I'm the one who set up this Windows 10 computer. I'd like to change that name to something else. [ATTACH]...
  4. User Name - How Do I Change

User Name - How Do I Change: The user name that appears to others, lets say on Zoom, or other game sites, is not what I want and I want to change it. I have gone to ZOOM My Account, Profile, etc and identified the username that appears is fine. I think the name that appears is a "computer name". I...
  5. How do I change my "users" name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my "users" name?: I just noticed whenever I save a file and look for the file path to something, its been a number instead of my name. So it looks like C: > Users > 46374> etc.. is there a way to change it to my actual name instead of this? submitted by /u/braaan92 [link] [comments]...
  6. Change owners name

Change owners name: How do I change the register owners name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-owners-name/bf1794c1-48c3-4f57-ac27-18d8890ed1f6
  7. How to change the owner's name on Windows 10

How to change the owner's name on Windows 10: I bought this computer from a friend of mine and I'm trying to change the name the owner's name how do I go about doing that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-owners-name-on-windows-10/1faa41f2-b528-4bd1-9b02-2f1bfa92e6ed
  8. How do I change a user name.

How do I change a user name.: When I was reinstalling Windows 10, what a hassle, I had to use Windows 7. Windows 7 during install asked for a user name and I gave it a number "3" thinking Windows 10 would ask for user name, I was wrong. So I am listed as "3" and I want to change to my name. How do I do...
  9. How do I change the name of the C:\Users\***** on my new laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the name of the C:\Users\***** on my new laptop?: My name is Jane, last initial T, so the computer named my C:\Users\janet rather than jane. Since my name is Jane, I'd much prefer that, but every time I try to change it, the computer won't let me. It just keeps changing back to janet. Please tell me how I can change it....
  10. How do I change my users name.

How do I change my users name.: take it with this, The username is taken by the old owner. [img] Since I want to rename it, It doesn't let me edit it. I don't know if that will stick like that forever. 79248

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change user name on dell computer

2. how to change username on dell laptop

3. how to change my laptops owner

4. changing username windows 10 dell,
  5. how to change owner of dell laptop,
  6. switch owner of laptop,
  7. how to change ownership name on my toshiba laptop,
  8. how to change owner from dell,
  9. how do i change the computer name on dell,
  10. how to change owner name windows 10,
  11. change owner laptop,