Windows 10: How do I change the password for my computer?

Discus and support How do I change the password for my computer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to do away with the need to sign in to my computer each time I boot up. Can I make that happen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RuthBrown6, Sep 23, 2018.

1. How do I change the password for my computer?

I would like to do away with the need to sign in to my computer each time I boot up. Can I make that happen?

:)

RuthBrown6, Sep 23, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Password Change on the Computer

Hello,

You may change your local user account password by following the steps below:

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, and then click
      Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 23, 2018
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    https://account.microsoft.com/about

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 23, 2018
  4. How do I change the password for my computer?

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

How do I change the password for my computer?

1. How do I change the password for my computer? - Similar Threads - change password computer

2. how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password: how do I change my computer password in win 10? Not my microsoft password. I just want to change the one to access my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-computer-password-not-my/d4e29d8f-8c7d-43fd-86b1-b9140ec6a12a
  3. how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password: how do I change my computer password in win 10? Not my microsoft password. I just want to change the one to access my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-computer-password-not-my/d4e29d8f-8c7d-43fd-86b1-b9140ec6a12a
  4. how do I change my computer password? Not my microsoft password

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I change the computer password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the computer password?: I use a computer to run an astrophotography mount via remote desktop connection. As you can see, the password on my computer has expired. I have tried everything that has come up on the web, e.g., ctrl/alt/end to bring up a change password screen but that does not do...
  6. How do I change the computer password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the computer password?: I use a computer to run an astrophotography mount via remote desktop connection. As you can see, the password on my computer has expired. I have tried everything that has come up on the web, e.g., ctrl/alt/end to bring up a change password screen but that does not do...
  7. How do I change the computer password?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How do I change my computer password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change my computer password: How do I change my computer password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-computer-password/d1a2cdc2-8d95-46e9-9176-7ce661ee5508
  9. How Do I Change My Computer Sign In Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How Do I Change My Computer Sign In Password: How do I change the password I use to sign in to my computer ? Note that I am not referring to my MS account password - I have already changed than. I went to the Control Panel and selected User Accounts. From there I don't see anyway to change to computer sign in...
  10. How do I change the password on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the password on my computer?: i recently changed my password on one of my email accounts, but can't figure out how to change it on this computer, with Windows 10... seems like it would be easy, but i find no place to do it. * Moved from Insider * Original title: how do i change my password on an email...