Windows 10: How do I change the password to an online account?

Discus and support How do I change the password to an online account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my brother set up an account without my permission, and refuses to cooperate when i tell him to stop going on my computer, the account has valuable... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OGsonderistic, Jun 28, 2019.

1. How do I change the password to an online account?

my brother set up an account without my permission, and refuses to cooperate when i tell him to stop going on my computer, the account has valuable information on it, i don’t want to delete it but i cannot change the password because it is in the other users tab and ab online account. How do i change the password to his windows account in my computer, or atleast restrict him from going on because parental controls on his account do not work

:)

OGsonderistic, Jun 28, 2019

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 28, 2019
  4. How do I change the password to an online account?

Changing Account Password

Hello,

In order for us to assist you in a better way, kindly answer the below questions:

• Are you referring to Microsoft account or Local account?
    • If it's a Microsoft account, did you follow the steps provided in this
      article
      ?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

How do I change the password to an online account?

1. How do I change the password to an online account? - Similar Threads - change password online

2. how do I change my local account password to pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change my local account password to pin?: I tried to go to the account and sign-in options and it says the pin option is unavailable, there is no option to change the password so I am very lost. I also tried going to the control panel and managing the account but there was no option to change the password. Please...
  3. how do I change my local account password to pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change my local account password to pin?: I tried to go to the account and sign-in options and it says the pin option is unavailable, there is no option to change the password so I am very lost. I also tried going to the control panel and managing the account but there was no option to change the password. Please...
  4. how do I change to work online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change to work online: work online. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-to-work-online/4de45599-ab39-4204-9c1f-a87e5526108f
  5. how do I change to work online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change to work online: work online. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-to-work-online/4de45599-ab39-4204-9c1f-a87e5526108f
  6. how do I change to work online

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. how do i change my online settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my online settings: When trying to play multiplayer on Minecraft java edition it says that i need to change my online privacy settings. how do i do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-online-settings/469aa25b-9afa-4852-8fce-02d225a7e36b
  8. How do I change accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change accounts: How do I change accounts i.e. sign out one MS account and sign in another? In windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-accounts/6dce6018-2dde-45fb-84a9-a3a5a1299193
  9. change printing from offline to online how do I do this

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    change printing from offline to online how do I do this: How do I change my printer from offline to online printing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-printing-from-offline-to-online-how-do-i-do/468aa332-883d-4ad8-8cfa-90de2b7ea03c
  10. How do I change a local user account password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change a local user account password?: I don't know why this is so difficult, Win 10 really screwed things up coming from Seven. Seems they changed a lot of things just for the sake of changing them. I shouldn't have to use a search engine or a forum to answer this question. I am logged in under the...