Windows 10: How do I change the photo that appears on my computer?

Discus and support How do I change the photo that appears on my computer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Or rather, get it to stop changing. If I have to restart my computer for updates or turn it off for any reason, turning it back on results in a photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KramdenAntiVirus, Oct 7, 2018.

1. How do I change the photo that appears on my computer?

Or rather, get it to stop changing. If I have to restart my computer for updates or turn it off for any reason, turning it back on results in a photo being displayed with the time before I have to enter a password. This photo keeps changing, but I don't want it to. In fact, why do I have to enter a password at all? I'm the only one who ever comes in my house unless I need a plumber or something heavy is delivered and installed.

:)

KramdenAntiVirus, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

appearance changed in windows 10

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What do you mean when you say "The selection box has like brown dots instead of the blue box"?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to perform System Restore. Follow the Steps below.

System Restore is a feature that allows users to restore their system to a previous state. It offers a way to undo all the changes in the system files, registry keys, installed programs, etc., to a previous state,
    without affecting personal files such as documents, photos or e-mails.

• Windows key + R to open Run window.

• On run command type “rstrui.exe” (without double code) and press
              OK.

• Select the restore point and follow the onscreen instruction.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 7, 2018
  3. msgbdm Win User
    Downloading photos in Windows 10

Downloading from Panasonic digital camera.

I have followed the steps but "Import/Export photos doesn't appear in the dropdown list. Since this is the first time I am downloading into this computer with Windows 10 it was suggested that I need to load new drivers but I can't seem to find them.

msgbdm, Oct 7, 2018
  4. How do I change the photo that appears on my computer?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

How do I change the photo that appears on my computer?

1. How do I change the photo that appears on my computer? - Similar Threads - change photo appears

2. My old email address appears on this computer when I sign on. How do I change it to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old email address appears on this computer when I sign on. How do I change it to the...: When I sign on, it shows my name and an old email address of mine that I used in setting up this computer. I should not have used it, but I was having a problem distinguishing this computer from my previous computer. Both are similar and I had both online during the setup....
  3. My old email address appears on this computer when I sign on. How do I change it to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My old email address appears on this computer when I sign on. How do I change it to the...: When I sign on, it shows my name and an old email address of mine that I used in setting up this computer. I should not have used it, but I was having a problem distinguishing this computer from my previous computer. Both are similar and I had both online during the setup....
  4. In my Windows library , how do I change the photo appearing adjacent to the album I want to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In my Windows library , how do I change the photo appearing adjacent to the album I want to...: On my Windows Media Player I have various albums showing a photos having nothing to do with the said album, how do I change them for the photos I want to show , many thanks in anticipation....
  5. In my Windows library , how do I change the photo appearing adjacent to the album I want to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In my Windows library , how do I change the photo appearing adjacent to the album I want to...: On my Windows Media Player I have various albums showing a photos having nothing to do with the said album, how do I change them for the photos I want to show , many thanks in anticipation....
  6. In my Windows library , how do I change the photo appearing adjacent to the album I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How do I change my computer password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change my computer password: How do I change my computer password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-computer-password/d1a2cdc2-8d95-46e9-9176-7ce661ee5508
  8. How do I store photos on my COMPUTER, not a cloud.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I store photos on my COMPUTER, not a cloud.: My new computer is telling me I don't have enought storage in my cloud and I have to purchase a plan. NOT HAPPENING. Help! I may be returning the computer if this is so......
  9. How do I change the resolution of a photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the resolution of a photo: I am trying to upload some photos to a website where I purchased some photo mugs from. Almost every photo will not work because they say the resolution is too low. How do I change the resolution of a photo in my picture folder?...
  10. How do I change the password on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the password on my computer?: i recently changed my password on one of my email accounts, but can't figure out how to change it on this computer, with Windows 10... seems like it would be easy, but i find no place to do it. * Moved from Insider * Original title: how do i change my password on an email...