Windows 10: how do I change the pin to unlock my computer

Discus and support how do I change the pin to unlock my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just need to keep the kids out when its not authorized. I want like a four digit number, not my microsoft account sign in info.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yu5hgful, Oct 9, 2020.

1. yu5hgful Win User

how do I change the pin to unlock my computer

I just need to keep the kids out when its not authorized. I want like a four digit number, not my microsoft account sign in info.

:)

yu5hgful, Oct 9, 2020

2. Win 10 PIN Login problem. PIN cant unlock my PC if there is no internet

Hi Pranjal,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

Are you able to login to computer using Pin when you connect computer to Internet?

I suggest you to change the PIN on your computer and check if that helps.

Follow these steps to setup a PIN

• Press the Windows+S key combination to display the Search box.
    • Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in
    • Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.
    • Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.
    • Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    • Exit the PIN setup utility.
    • From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.
    If you want to change the PIN please follow these steps.

• You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:
    • Press the Windows+S key combination to display the Search box.
    • Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.
    • Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.
    • Enter your Windows password, then click the Ok button.
    • Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    • Click the Finish button.

In case of any further queries please contact us, we are glad to assist you.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Sudharshan M K, Oct 9, 2020
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 9, 2020
  4. how do I change the pin to unlock my computer

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

how do I change the pin to unlock my computer

1. how do I change the pin to unlock my computer - Similar Threads - change pin unlock

2. How do I unlock my computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I unlock my computer?: My computer has recently started acting up. Every time to unlock my computer I would use my pin but now it asks for my Microsoft account password. I enter my password and it says it is incorrect. I have changed it twice now and can prove the password I am entering in is...
  3. How do I unlock my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlock my computer?: My computer has recently started acting up. Every time to unlock my computer I would use my pin but now it asks for my Microsoft account password. I enter my password and it says it is incorrect. I have changed it twice now and can prove the password I am entering in is...
  4. How do I unlock my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I unlock my computer,

how do I unlock my computer,: My laptop was repaired and when my hard drive was reinstalled it ask me or lock key id number 28 numberswhere do I get them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-my-computer/6fffdc93-bfde-4e78-bde1-690097c86c98
  6. how do I unlock my computer,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I unlock my computer,: My laptop was repaired and when my hard drive was reinstalled it ask me or lock key id number 28 numberswhere do I get them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-my-computer/6fffdc93-bfde-4e78-bde1-690097c86c98
  7. how do I unlock my computer,

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How do I unlock my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlock my computer: How do I unlock my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-my-computer/e4564b09-4b6e-4ed8-b423-ca323ac3aa76
  9. How do I unlock my computer

How do I unlock my computer: How do I unlock my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-my-computer/e4564b09-4b6e-4ed8-b423-ca323ac3aa76
  10. My computer is locked. How do I unlock it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer is locked. How do I unlock it.: When I turn my computer on what looks like a padlock shows up on the screen. I think I was scammed. How do I go about unlocking my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-how-do-i-unlock-it/4ed65c6f-358d-4eec-898d-e7eba6ac8619