Windows 10: How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account?

Discus and support How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account? It says "your organization's policy prevent you from changing your primary alias." When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LordGoodfolk, Jan 2, 2022.

1. How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account?

How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account? It says "your organization's policy prevent you from changing your primary alias." When I go to the organizer's account, I can't see where I can change the policy. The birthdate on the family member's account is correct and the family member is over 18 years of age.Frustrated in MD

:)

LordGoodfolk, Jan 2, 2022

2. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

Account help - Microsoft Support

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jan 2, 2022
  3. Change primary alias

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

As per description, when you click to change the primary on nothing happens.

Have you tried to perform the troubleshooting steps provided under section
    Change which alias is primary
    ?

If you have not performed the troubleshooting steps I would suggest you perform steps under
    Change which alias is primary , from my previous post. Which are as follow.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset
    parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 2, 2022
  4. How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account?

Change Account Primary Alias

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

By follow the steps below you can login using the alias and not the Microsoft account.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.

• In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 2, 2022
Thema:

How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account?

1. How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account? - Similar Threads - change primary alias

2. Can't change account primary alias.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change account primary alias.: I have a Microsoft 365 account and am trying to change my primary alias.I have been able to add the correct e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make that address my primary alias, I get the message "that address is already part of your security information."...
  3. Can't change account primary alias.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change account primary alias.: I have a Microsoft 365 account and am trying to change my primary alias.I have been able to add the correct e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make that address my primary alias, I get the message "that address is already part of your security information."...
  4. Can't change account primary alias.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to change primary alias

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change primary alias: My original Microsoft identity was set up with an old email which is no longer valid. I have managed to set up an alias with my new email, but although my new email is now named as my primary alias but the check box next to it remains unchecked. I am reluctant to uncheck the...
  6. How to change primary alias

How to change primary alias: My original Microsoft identity was set up with an old email which is no longer valid. I have managed to set up an alias with my new email, but although my new email is now named as my primary alias but the check box next to it remains unchecked. I am reluctant to uncheck the...
  7. How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account?: How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account? It says "your organization's policy prevent you from changing your primary alias." When I go to the organizer's account, I can't see where I can change the policy. The birthdate on the family member's account is...
  8. How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account?

How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account?: How do I change the primary alias of a family member's account? It says "your organization's policy prevent you from changing your primary alias." When I go to the organizer's account, I can't see where I can change the policy. The birthdate on the family member's account is...
  9. How do I change a sympatico primary alias ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change a sympatico primary alias ?: Hello all, I truly hate to bring this up again but I'm trying to change my primary alias on my windows account. Problem is that I originally used a sympatico email address from Bell my ex ISP that has long since been deleted and I keep getting the error message "Your...
  10. Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account: How to: Change Primary Alias for Microsoft Account How to Change the Primary Alias for your Microsoft Account [img] Information An account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and...