Windows 10: How do I change the resolution of a photo

Discus and support How do I change the resolution of a photo in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to upload some photos to a website where I purchased some photo mugs from. Almost every photo will not work because they say the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by laurieellertson, Dec 19, 2018.

1. How do I change the resolution of a photo

I am trying to upload some photos to a website where I purchased some photo mugs from. Almost every photo will not work because they say the resolution is too low. How do I change the resolution of a photo in my picture folder?

:)

laurieellertson, Dec 19, 2018

2. Black background on images & lower resolution in photo's app

Hello John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

As the issue only occurs with Photo app, this might be the app issue. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I would suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Change the screen resolution and check if it helps:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the
      Recommended
      or any other resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 19, 2018
  4. How do I change the resolution of a photo

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

How do I change the resolution of a photo

1. How do I change the resolution of a photo - Similar Threads - change resolution photo

2. How do I change my native resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my native resolution: My native is set at 1920:800 and I can't change it, my monitor is at 1080 but whenever I launch a game it defaults to 1920 by 800. I checked Nvidia control panel and it says the native resolution is 1920:800, display settings in windows says 1920:1080 though....
  3. How do I change my native resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my native resolution: My native is set at 1920:800 and I can't change it, my monitor is at 1080 but whenever I launch a game it defaults to 1920 by 800. I checked Nvidia control panel and it says the native resolution is 1920:800, display settings in windows says 1920:1080 though....
  4. How do I change my native resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do i change the "Active Signal Mode" resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change the "Active Signal Mode" resolution?: My Laptop is currently running on WIN 11. I purchased a 24" monitor and connected it to the laptop via HDMI. The laptop resolution is set to 1920x1080 recommended. However, on the monitor the display is stretched. How can I lower the resolution on the monitor without changing...
  6. How do i change the "Active Signal Mode" resolution?

How do i change the "Active Signal Mode" resolution?: My Laptop is currently running on WIN 11. I purchased a 24" monitor and connected it to the laptop via HDMI. The laptop resolution is set to 1920x1080 recommended. However, on the monitor the display is stretched. How can I lower the resolution on the monitor without changing...
  7. how do I change resolution in paint 3d

how do I change resolution in paint 3d: How do I change resolution in Paint 3D. The bank never accepts my check images because they are 92dpi and they need to be 300 dpi. Thank you, Loretta...
  8. How do I change the settings in Windows Photos?

How do I change the settings in Windows Photos?: I accidentally clicked on "Do not ask me again." Now if I delete a photo, I'm not asked to verify that course of action. I'd rather have to ask....
  9. How do I forcefully change the active signal resolution?

How do I forcefully change the active signal resolution?: I recently got a new laptop and it only has an HDMI port and my monitor is only VGA because it's fairly old. So I had to buy an adapter to be able to use my monitor. My monitor is natively 1280x1024 so I switched the resolution to that. But what I received was an "out of...
  10. How do I change the screen resolution on my PC

How do I change the screen resolution on my PC: How do I change the screen resolution on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-screen-resolution-on-my-pc/cb9bb1a3-c1e1-45f4-a545-b0655a81d493