Windows 10: How do I change the search icon back to a search box in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I change the search icon back to a search box in Windows 10? in Cortana to solve the problem; Just a few days ago, my computer updated because I went to the computer repair shop to have all of the Microsoft Office Tools installed. I've been... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Kaylani Thomas, Dec 19, 2021.

1. How do I change the search icon back to a search box in Windows 10?

Just a few days ago, my computer updated because I went to the computer repair shop to have all of the Microsoft Office Tools installed. I've been desperately trying to free up RAM on my Toshiba Satellite computer, and I think either the clean boot or the update must have removed the Cortana option, which brings up the search box when I right-click on the taskbar. So I don't have a search box, just an icon. How do I change it back to a search box?arch box, just an icon. How do I change it back to a search box?

:)

Kaylani Thomas, Dec 19, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Dec 19, 2021
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Dec 19, 2021
  4. How do I change the search icon back to a search box in Windows 10?

search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 19, 2021
Thema:

How do I change the search icon back to a search box in Windows 10?

1. How do I change the search icon back to a search box in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - change search icon

2. how do i change windows 11 long search bar back to a search icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change windows 11 long search bar back to a search icon?: On my windows 11 pc i just did an update but after the update my search icon randomly changed to a long search bar is there any way to change it back to a search icon?This is how it looked before :And this is how it looks now:***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  3. how do i change windows 11 long search bar back to a search icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change windows 11 long search bar back to a search icon?: On my windows 11 pc i just did an update but after the update my search icon randomly changed to a long search bar is there any way to change it back to a search icon?This is how it looked before :And this is how it looks now:***** moved from german to english Community *****...
  4. How to change icon in search box on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change icon in search box on Windows 10: Hello,There is picture of a strawberry pie in the search box on my taskbar in Windows 10. I tried to upload it, but it won't go through. I find the photo quite annoying and would like to remove it. Is there a way to do so?I also have no idea why the photo failed to upload. I...
  5. How to change icon in search box on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change icon in search box on Windows 10: Hello,There is picture of a strawberry pie in the search box on my taskbar in Windows 10. I tried to upload it, but it won't go through. I find the photo quite annoying and would like to remove it. Is there a way to do so?I also have no idea why the photo failed to upload. I...
  6. How to change icon in search box on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I change default search engine used by Search box to Google

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change default search engine used by Search box to Google: Although I have Google set as the default browser, whenever I type a search in the Search box at the bottom left, the search result is displayed as a Bing result. This seems to have become more of an issue after today's Windows update (15 August 2021). Now running Windows 10...
  8. Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.: Greetings, When I click in the search box, where it says "type here to search", on the left side of the Task Bar, at the top of the popup window that shows, from left to right, is: All/Apps/Documents/Web and More, which has a down arrow that pops out:...
  9. how do i change the color of the search window not the search box to back in windows 10?

in Cortana
    how do i change the color of the search window not the search box to back in windows 10?: Hello, when I use the search bar in Windows 10 which is black the window that pops up above it is white and always hurts my eyes. How can I change it to black?...
  10. How do I fix the search box and saved searches?

in Cortana
    How do I fix the search box and saved searches?: Hi, I have a laptop running Windows 10 and went on it today to sort some photos out and do some work. I have a saved search for JPG files which I use to find all my photos. When I clicked on it today though it first said 'no items match your search' (I have a lot of photos)...