Windows 10: How do I change the shortcut (hotkeys) for Windows Magnifyer ?

Discus and support How do I change the shortcut (hotkeys) for Windows Magnifyer ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't want it to be Left Win + - but just F2 for example. 124674 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bansaw, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Bansaw Win User

How do I change the shortcut (hotkeys) for Windows Magnifyer ?

I don't want it to be Left Win + - but just F2 for example.

:)

Bansaw, Jan 4, 2019

2. 1,2,3 hotkeys

Hi,

Hotkeys are keyboard shortcuts that you can use as an alternative to what you typically do with a mouse. You may perform these steps to assign a hotkey to an application, and to a folder and file:

Assign a hotkey to an application:

• Open Start Menu.
    • Find the application, right-click on it > More > Open File Location.
    • Right-click on the application > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

Assign a hotkey to a folder or file:

• Create a file or folder shortcut.
    • Right-click the shortcut file > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

To know more about keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10, click
    here

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Rachelle Gra, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Akumos Win User
    Windows Media Player - Skip Track Shortcut?

Hi

My keyboard only has play and stop hotkeys, using Windows Media Player is there a way to make a keyboard shortcut to skip track, even if media player isn't the primary window?

Thanks

Akumos, Jan 4, 2019
  4. tcebob Win User

How do I set up a hotkey to open Windows Explorer in given directory?

Pinning to Quick Access is still a 2-step process. Try a shortcut. Rt click on desktop, select new shortcut, enter "Explorer c:\path", change the name to whatever. Try it by clicking on it. Then rt click on it, select Properties, enter your desired hotkey and you're good to go.

Personally, I don't like the shortcut hotkey option. It only allows ctl+alt and only works if you leave the shortcut on the desktop. You could install a hotkey program like Autohotkey. (I find it a bit overkill and instead use HotkeyP.)

tcebob, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I change the shortcut (hotkeys) for Windows Magnifyer ? - Similar Threads - change shortcut hotkeys

2. how to change hotkey for language swapping?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change hotkey for language swapping?: so I use " ` " as a hotkey for changing between 2 languages for a long time and my new laptop has a difference hotkey for changing("win+space") i'm very annoyed by having to press 2 keys at once so can anyone tell me how I can change the language changing hotkey?...
  3. how do i disable the f1-f12 hotkeys from changing my volume and such?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i disable the f1-f12 hotkeys from changing my volume and such?: I just want to know if there is a way to disable them because they are important buttons for me to use on my game im playing. when I go to use it as a skill towards the game(like f7) it turns my volume down. I was wondering if there was a way to stop it?...
  4. How do I assign hotkeys to my keyboard in Windows 10 Home?

How do I assign hotkeys to my keyboard in Windows 10 Home?: I spilled wine on my new keyboard and broke it so I have to use my old keyboard which has some keys that don't work. I want to know how to assign those letters/symbols/numbers to other unused keys (like the pause break key). If the hotkeys don't work in games that's okay I...
  5. How do I change windows font

How do I change windows font: How do I change windows font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-do-i-change-windows-font/3decaa6b-b5f1-4ef1-afa8-0c5a61273331
  6. How do i turn off the hotkeys in Windows 10?

How do i turn off the hotkeys in Windows 10?: Hello, I've had a problem for almost a year! And I have no idea how to repair it, I have HP Pavilion G6 Laptop and, I can't use hotkeys for programs like I needed to use F1 to activate a program! But it opens me...
  7. Change F hotkeys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change F hotkeys: Hi! I installed Win10 some time ago, and I just installed the driver so I can disable Wi-Fi with the F key. When I do that, the OS goes into Air Plane mode, is there any way so I can make the F key to disable only Wi-Fi? 2607
  8. HotKeys changed themselves, how to change back to normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    HotKeys changed themselves, how to change back to normal?: My laptop has volume adjust on the f1 f2 f3 keys and more on the others. Suddenly they have new things assigned to them that I didn't knowingly set. It's a Windows 10 touchscreen laptop. How do I change them back to normal? 47338
  9. How do I remove the shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove the shortcut arrows: Using Win 10 single language home version. How do I remove the little shortcut arrows from the desktop icons? Tried the regedit tutorial creating new shell with file 29, but it just created little black boxes where the shortcut arrows were so I had to remove it. 36304
  10. Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working: Hi, So suddenly today while rearranging windows, snapping stopped working. I'm unable to snap windows using the Win + Left/Right/Up/Down. Moving the windows with the mouse still works, but not with the keyboard hotkeys. As you can imagine this is incredibly inconvenient...