Windows 10: How do I change the Start Menu - Settings font?

Discus and support How do I change the Start Menu - Settings font? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version: Dev Build Number:21390.2025 Hello! I recently joined the dev insider program because I was hyped about the new icons and features and stuff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stidon, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Stidon Win User

How do I change the Start Menu - Settings font?

Version: Dev Build Number:21390.2025 Hello! I recently joined the dev insider program because I was hyped about the new icons and features and stuff that 21H2 will supposedly have. So, I brought me an update bringing these beautiful icons but at the same time that awful font in the start menu that when I looked it up, I think it is Segoe UI Variable. Correct me if I am wrong. So, I want to return to the old default font of Windows 10. I am attaching screenshots. PS: Sorry, I am Greek so part of the applications are displaying in Greek.

:)

Stidon, Jun 17, 2021
  2. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Ghot Win User

Start Menu List - Settings

You need to go one step further...

Settings >Personalization > Start, then click as shown by the RED square...

How do I change the Start Menu - Settings font? [​IMG]

How do I change the Start Menu - Settings font? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. How do I change the Start Menu - Settings font? - Similar Threads - change Start Menu

2. How do I change the Start Menu - Settings font?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the Start Menu - Settings font?: Version: Dev Build Number:21390.2025 Hello! I recently joined the dev insider program because I was hyped about the new icons and features and stuff that 21H2 will supposedly have. So, I brought me an update bringing these beautiful icons but at the same time that awful font...
  3. I changed the font. How do I change it back?

I changed the font. How do I change it back?: So I play a lot of Minecraft and thought it might be fun to make the default font to the Minecraft font. Let me just say it got annoying after about a day. I used a .reg file to change it and can't find any solution online. If anyone else has something to copy into a registry...
  4. Start menu font has changed

Start menu font has changed: Can anyone tell me why the search bar font has changed? I don't know the font name but much wider then before almost fills the space. Also, when I click in the search bar it reverts back to the original font. Can anyone help me to change it back please?...
  5. How do I change the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wooden_chest [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f2r5d6/how_do_i_change_the_start_menu/
  6. how do I change the default font settings?

how do I change the default font settings?: How do I change the default font size settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-default-font-settings/7a7a37cc-b60c-4b74-aaca-c935775df190
  7. how to change font settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change font settings?: how to change font settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-to-change-font-settings/e2f0d3ce-bd17-4a80-8ded-b4b4b9e3cdd9
  8. How do I change windows font

How do I change windows font: How do I change windows font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-do-i-change-windows-font/3decaa6b-b5f1-4ef1-afa8-0c5a61273331
  9. Change menu fonts

Change menu fonts: Hi to all, I am using windows 10 and I am trying to change the default fonts of the OS(I think is Segoe UI). I know that has been changed since windows 8, but I was able to change them so far by modifying the keys in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" in...
  10. How do I change the font?

How do I change the font?: So I want to make a new font to use on my computer instead of Arial but I can't figure out how to change the default font. Any help would be great. Thanks! 29905