Windows 10: How Do I Change The Startup Sound In Windows 10?

Discus and support How Do I Change The Startup Sound In Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have enabled the startup sound and want to change it to the windows 98 startup. But when i restart the PC, it still plays the windows 7 sound instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeoCary1, Jun 13, 2021.

1. LeoCary1 Win User

How Do I Change The Startup Sound In Windows 10?

I have enabled the startup sound and want to change it to the windows 98 startup. But when i restart the PC, it still plays the windows 7 sound instead of 98.

:)

LeoCary1, Jun 13, 2021

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Changing the Startup sound of Windows 10

Hello:

Your reply only refers to enabling the "Play Windows Startup sound," and the question asked was:

Changing the Startup sound of Windows 10

How do you change the "Play Windows Startup sound? I can't seem to find the solution and I would appreciate any assistance.

Thank You,

Eric

Eric_Bernstein, Jun 13, 2021
  4. How Do I Change The Startup Sound In Windows 10?

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

How Do I Change The Startup Sound In Windows 10?

1. How Do I Change The Startup Sound In Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Change Startup Sound

2. How do i fix my startup sound in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix my startup sound in Windows 10?: Hello, i have been user of windows for a long time and recently i wanted to enable the start-up sound for windows 10, but instead of playing the windows 10 sound. It would play the windows vista-8.1 start-up sound. It doesn't bother me that much, but i would still like to...
  3. how to change windows startup sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change windows startup sound?: i recently checked the option "play windows startup sound" in the sounds menu. so it played the win 7 startup sound in my win 10 pc. after a few days, i got bored with it and wanted to change the startup sound. i tried every possible steps without downloading any 3rd party...
  4. how to change windows startup sound?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change windows startup sound?: i recently checked the option "play windows startup sound" in the sounds menu. so it played the win 7 startup sound in my win 10 pc. after a few days, i got bored with it and wanted to change the startup sound. i tried every possible steps without downloading any 3rd party...
  5. how to change windows startup sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to change Windows 10 startup sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Windows 10 startup sound: Does anyone know how to change the startup sound of Windows 10 Family ? I changed HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLabels\WindowsLogon to 0 so i can browse another sound into log on sound in sound config but still doesn't work submitted by /u/F1K5 [link] [comments]...
  7. How to change the Startup sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Startup sound in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 goes down arguably as the easiest to use computer operating system around. […] This article How to change the Startup sound in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows 10 startup sound not changing

Windows 10 startup sound not changing: I'm trying to change the startup sound on my Windows 10 PC but it keeps playing the default sound even after changing it. I went into Registry Editor and changed ExcludeFromCPL value data to 0 on both WindowsLogon and WindowsLogoff. Then, I went into change system sounds,...
  9. Change Windows 10 startup sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Windows 10 startup sound?: Im trying to change the startup sound on my wife's Windows 10 computer. This used to be easy as I could just go into the Sound Panel and just replace the .wav file for windows startup. Not anymore. I looked up how to do it and found this - see below - and have done...
  10. How to change the startup sound?

How to change the startup sound?: I tried to change the startup sound using Brink's (Startup Sound - Change in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums) second method, as well as lots of other methods, assuming there wouldn't be much difference between Windows 7 and Windows 10. And I was wrong, as it didn't work,...