Windows 10: How do I change the TEL protocol default currently Skype if Teams is not an option presented?

Discus and support How do I change the TEL protocol default currently Skype if Teams is not an option presented? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; We are deprecating Skype in favor of Teams. Currently, if you click the Windows Icon -> Settings -> Apps -> Default Apps -> Choose default apps by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by marilyn Hays, Nov 22, 2022.

1. How do I change the TEL protocol default currently Skype if Teams is not an option presented?

We are deprecating Skype in favor of Teams. Currently, if you click the Windows Icon -> Settings -> Apps -> Default Apps -> Choose default apps by protocol and scroll down to the "TEL" protocol, and then select "choose a default" ... Teams is not one of my options. See screen cap below.So my question is: How do I get Teams to show up as an option?

:)

marilyn Hays, Nov 22, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

Hi, I don't have Acrobat installed. With Sumatra as my default pdf reader, that hyperlink to a pdf docoument opens in.. yes.. Sumatra. Changing to Edge:

How do I change the TEL protocol default currently Skype if Teams is not an option presented? [​IMG]

the hyperlink opens in... yes.. Edge.

If, as seems the case, Bluebeam is correctly associated with pdf files, I can't say why the hyperlink fails. Your guess about the protocol may be right- I don't know. If you could make any change to that to test that theory, as you suggest, that would help.

If you wish to view the relevant registry key, a convenient way to get there is via free Filetypesman - a rt click option.

How do I change the TEL protocol default currently Skype if Teams is not an option presented? [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 22, 2022
  3. Skype protocol cracked

isnt that kinda illegal though?

i mean, don't skype co. hold the rights to those protocols or something?

spectre440, Nov 22, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

How do I change the TEL protocol default currently Skype if Teams is not an option presented?

Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

Hi, just considering what is shown in the Open With options, for example:

Here you can see Sumatra is my default reader.

Here you can see Sumatra and Chrome are added to the Open With list, + Edge, a system default.

The choice presented to you for .fdf, .pdfxml, .pdx for example, should depend on whether Bluebeam has correctly registered itself in the appropriate place as capable of handling those extensions.

So, for example, is Bluebeam shown in the Open With list for those extensions?

It is not enough that a program is installed that is potentially capable of handling a file type (e.g. via an Open dialogue) but that it be so registered. That is up to the author to specify.

Application Registration - Windows applications | Microsoft Docs

This opens in Sumatra, my default.

Unfortunately this option in the Control Panel now opens in Settings:

and does not allow you to do what it claims.

dalchina, Nov 22, 2022
Thema:

How do I change the TEL protocol default currently Skype if Teams is not an option presented?

1. How do I change the TEL protocol default currently Skype if Teams is not an option presented? - Similar Threads - change TEL protocol

2. How do I change the TEL protocol default currently Skype if Teams is not an option presented?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the TEL protocol default currently Skype if Teams is not an option presented?: We are deprecating Skype in favor of Teams. Currently, if you click the Windows Icon -> Settings -> Apps -> Default Apps -> Choose default apps by protocol and scroll down to the "TEL" protocol, and then select "choose a default" ... Teams is not one of my options. See screen...
  3. How do I change the TEL protocol default currently Skype if Teams is not an option presented?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the TEL protocol default currently Skype if Teams is not an option presented?: We are deprecating Skype in favor of Teams. Currently, if you click the Windows Icon -> Settings -> Apps -> Default Apps -> Choose default apps by protocol and scroll down to the "TEL" protocol, and then select "choose a default" ... Teams is not one of my options. See screen...
  4. How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?: Since all browsers have removed ftp url support I have been using IE as my default protocol. In June Microsoft will be removing IE from windows, so I wanted to just change the default protocol app to windows explore but I can't windows 10 does not consider explore an App what...
  5. How to change default Batch Rename protocols?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change default Batch Rename protocols?: For my job, I do a large amount of saving documents from one location to another, and renaming sequential files. How do I get the default batch rename feature to change from adding a (1), (2), (3), etc... at the end of the file, and instead change it to -1,-2,-3, etc...? Eg,...
  6. Tel protocol default app can't choose Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tel protocol default app can't choose Skype: So, I have an Excel document that I use to click on phone numbers using the Tel protocol and open skype to call them. but recently when I click on it, Windows tells me to choose a default app. The only options are Chrome, People, Your Phone, and Look for an app on the...
  7. Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.: We use Bluebeam to open pdf files. The .pdf file is associated with this program, so if I double click on a .pdf file, it opens with this program. However: If I make hyperlinks in Excel to .pdf files, and I click on the hyperlink, it opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. If I...
  8. How do I get the current version of Skype?

How do I get the current version of Skype?: Skype keeps threatening to abandon me if I don't upgrade to the latest version, but I can't figure out how. I found a typical Microsoft explanation that was of no value. I don't have a C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder so the address they gave doesn't work. Classic...
  9. How to I get the current version of Skype?

How to I get the current version of Skype?: Skype keeps threatening to abandon me if I don't upgrade to the latest version, but I can't figure out how. I found a typical Microsoft explanation that was of no value. I don't have a C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder so the address they gave doesn't work. Classic...
  10. Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10: I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird or Microsoft Mail. How do I select a specific program (in my case it is OEClassic). Thanks. 9971