Windows 10: How Do I Change the Text Icons in my Documents Folder to Word Icons?

Discus and support How Do I Change the Text Icons in my Documents Folder to Word Icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to change the Text icons in my Documents folder to Word icons. My OS is WIN 10 Pro 64-bit and I have Office Pro Plus 2016. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dartmouthman, May 23, 2019.

1. How Do I Change the Text Icons in my Documents Folder to Word Icons?

I am trying to change the Text icons in my Documents folder to Word icons. My OS is WIN 10 Pro 64-bit and I have Office Pro Plus 2016.

I have tried the following fixes that I found on the Internet, none of which changed the icons:

--Right click on a word document>Properties>Customize>Change Icon.

But there was no ‘Customize’ tab. There was a ‘Custom’ tab, but clicking it opened a page with no ‘Change Icon’ option.

--Right click on a word document>Open With>Click the Word icon and check the box that says ‘always use this app to open .doc files.’ This enabled me to open all of my files in Word, but did not change the icons.

-- Right click on a word document>Create Shortcut>Send To>Desktop>right click the shortcut icon on the Desktop>Properties> Change Icon.

Clicking the ‘Change Icon’ button opened a box of icons, none of which were the WORD icon. There is a ‘Browse’ option, but I don’t know how to use it to find the WORD icon.

--Did a repair on Office

Can you help me? Thank you?

:)

dartmouthman, May 23, 2019

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, May 23, 2019
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, May 23, 2019
  4. How Do I Change the Text Icons in my Documents Folder to Word Icons?

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

thanks, well i know how to change a folder icon i just want to know a way i can make it stick permanently so i can more it with out the folder converting back to the default icon.

dont worry i found how

Live OR Die, May 23, 2019
Thema:

How Do I Change the Text Icons in my Documents Folder to Word Icons?

1. How Do I Change the Text Icons in my Documents Folder to Word Icons? - Similar Threads - Change Text Icons

2. How do I change the folder icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the folder icons?: Hi, so I want to make my desktop look nicer and so I was trying to change the icons of the folders with windows 11, but every time i try to find a folder icon on google, it turns out to be a pdf and it wont let me use that as an icon....
  3. How do I change the folder icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the folder icons?: Hi, so I want to make my desktop look nicer and so I was trying to change the icons of the folders with windows 11, but every time i try to find a folder icon on google, it turns out to be a pdf and it wont let me use that as an icon....
  4. Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size: This is not the usual size of file icon problem e.g.- small icon, large icon, extra large icon when i increase the size of the icon the text size stays the same small and i cannot read it as it is zoomed out compared to usual. and its to small to read I've tried ctrl and...
  5. Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text size not increasing in document folder not icon size: This is not the usual size of file icon problem e.g.- small icon, large icon, extra large icon when i increase the size of the icon the text size stays the same small and i cannot read it as it is zoomed out compared to usual. and its to small to read I've tried ctrl and...
  6. How do I change these folders icons? Change icon option isn't there in customize tab of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change these folders icons? Change icon option isn't there in customize tab of...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IshaanSingh011 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mfuqkp/how_do_i_change_these_folders_icons_change_icon/
  7. how to change the folder icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change the folder icon?: does anyone know how to change the default folder icon? my point is that if I change and create a new folder, the icon will be changed. thanks in advance! submitted by /u/milebaa [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I change the desktop icon text color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the desktop icon text color?: The articles I found online are either ancient or they do not work. The general idea is to change to orange as a solid color, which supposedly changes the text to black, It doesn't. What's the point about personalizing if something that basic is impossible?...
  9. Is it possible to change the default icon of Text Document

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to change the default icon of Text Document: Hi. i'm wondering if its possible for me to change "Text Documents" default icon, because i really wanna make a change in my desktop. I already changed the folder icon and it looks really good but i couldn't find a way to change the Documents icon. When i press on the...
  10. Change or Restore Documents Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change or Restore Documents Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change or Restore Documents Folder Icon in Windows How to Change or Restore Documents Folder Icon in Windows By default, your personal Documents folder is located in your account's %UserProfile% (ex: "C:\Users\Brink") folder. This tutorial will show you how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change icons in folder to words