Windows 10: How do I change the timer and/or alarm tone music in my library?

Discus and support How do I change the timer and/or alarm tone music in my library? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been trying to change the sound of my alarm and timer for a while now. I know how to change it a default Microsoft tone but not to something in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by (00), May 16, 2019 at 8:12 AM.

1. (00) Win User

How do I change the timer and/or alarm tone music in my library?

I've been trying to change the sound of my alarm and timer for a while now. I know how to change it a default Microsoft tone but not to something in my library. I have sounds in my Groove Music and in my files. It would be very much appreciated if anyone could help.

:)

2. simond3 Win User

storing tones so they don't end up in the music library?

I'd also love to know how to stop your whole music library showing up in the Tones list. A real pain when you want to quickly change your ring tone or alarm tone.

3. storing tones so they don't end up in the music library?

> 29-Dec-2007 10:18 PM

> simond3 wrote:

> I'd also love to know how to stop your whole music library showing up in the Tones > list. A real pain when you want to quickly change your ring tone or alarm tone.

There is a way:

Make a folder at the root level of your memory card called "Music". Move your music OUT OF the Sounds folder into this folder. Launch music player and refresh your library. Your music should now show up in your music player but not the tones list.

Message Edited by nsquared on 23-Jan-2008 11:19 AM

nsquared---01, May 16, 2019 at 8:13 AM
  4. magister_ Win User

storing tones so they don't end up in the music library?

I think there is no way to do so. If you really want to change something than the only thing you can do is to rename all your music files so they all began to start with one letter, "Z" or "X" for example (zSong1, zMusic2, etc.). This way they all be at the
    end of the list and will not bother you much.

Thema:

1. How do I change the timer and/or alarm tone music in my library? - Similar Threads - change timer alarm

2. how do I transfer music from Windows media player to iTunes library?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I transfer music from Windows media player to iTunes library?: How do I transfer music from Windows media player to an apple nano MP3 player or to the iTunes library? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-music-from-windows-media-player/414761ff-c0f7-4584-ba39-f6b8e3299897
  3. Windows is changing file type in music library.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is changing file type in music library.: I am running Win 10 latest upgrade. In my music library I have some long file names. I rip then tag and then put them in a folder in preparation to add them to my library. My rips are flac. On albums with long file names [probably over 260 char} windows is changing the...
  4. How do I share my music folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I share my music folder: How do I share my music folder with other users on my PC in Widows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-share-my-music-folder/01bc2d5f-db98-41b8-a2aa-f63a0c9c239b"
  5. TImers in "Alarms & Clock" Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TImers in "Alarms & Clock" Stopped Working: I have 8 timers in "Alarms & Clock", and 1 I can't reset the 15" one. 2. none of them are working. [ATTACH] Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timers-in-alarms-clock-stopped-working/c874e32f-0a3a-4681-869a-3676ea9c6328
  6. How do I set wake timers

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set wake timers: I have followed this process and Enabled the "Allow wake timers" in the Advanced Settings/Sleep" section, but I cannot see how to set an Awake Timer. I am wanting to set Sleep after one hour but to wake it up at midnight (say) in order for online backups, updates, etc to...
  7. Alarm clock / timer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alarm clock / timer: Sometimes the alarm on my timer/alarm clock sounds--and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/alarm-clock-timer/97b1a791-fe11-47bf-8285-757ee50c93bd
  8. Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly...

in Windows 10 Support
    Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly...: Anyone else experiencing this issue since CU? When I ask Cortana to set a reminder timer or alarm, it comes up when it is supposed to, but upon clicking dismiss, it is acting like a snooze and continues popping up every few minutes until a restart is initiated. Just curious?...
  9. How to change the folder path for Documents, Music, etc libraries?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the folder path for Documents, Music, etc libraries?: I plan on having an SSD for the OS and a separate hard drive for programs/documents, music, etc. What I don't know is how exactly to change the directory for my Documents, music, videos, pictures, downloads libraries. Can anyone explain how to do this? This is for Windows...
  10. How do i edit my music files

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i edit my music files: How do I edit the Media information (Contributing artist, track member, genre etc.) on a music file/track. This option was available at the bottom of the page in Windows 7. 51271