Windows 10: How do I change the timer and/or alarm tone music in my library?

Discus and support How do I change the timer and/or alarm tone music in my library? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been trying to change the sound of my alarm and timer for a while now. I know how to change it a default Microsoft tone but not to something in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by (00), May 16, 2019.

1. (00) Win User

How do I change the timer and/or alarm tone music in my library?

I've been trying to change the sound of my alarm and timer for a while now. I know how to change it a default Microsoft tone but not to something in my library. I have sounds in my Groove Music and in my files. It would be very much appreciated if anyone could help.

:)

2. simond3 Win User

storing tones so they don't end up in the music library?

I'd also love to know how to stop your whole music library showing up in the Tones list. A real pain when you want to quickly change your ring tone or alarm tone.

simond3, May 16, 2019
  3. storing tones so they don't end up in the music library?

> 29-Dec-2007 10:18 PM

> simond3 wrote:

> I'd also love to know how to stop your whole music library showing up in the Tones > list. A real pain when you want to quickly change your ring tone or alarm tone.

There is a way:

Make a folder at the root level of your memory card called "Music". Move your music OUT OF the Sounds folder into this folder. Launch music player and refresh your library. Your music should now show up in your music player but not the tones list.

Message Edited by nsquared on 23-Jan-2008 11:19 AM

nsquared---01, May 16, 2019
  4. magister_ Win User

storing tones so they don't end up in the music library?

I think there is no way to do so. If you really want to change something than the only thing you can do is to rename all your music files so they all began to start with one letter, "Z" or "X" for example (zSong1, zMusic2, etc.). This way they all be at the
    end of the list and will not bother you much.

magister_, May 16, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I change the timer and/or alarm tone music in my library? - Similar Threads - change timer alarm

2. How do upload my music library to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do upload my music library to OneDrive: How do upload my entire music library to OneDrive and what type of player do I need to listen to my music? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-upload-my-music-library-to-onedrive/6fc31924-bda3-46cd-a2fa-bff5158b856c
  3. How do upload my music library to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do upload my music library to OneDrive: How do upload my entire music library to OneDrive and what type of player do I need to listen to my music? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-upload-my-music-library-to-onedrive/6fc31924-bda3-46cd-a2fa-bff5158b856c
  4. How do I backup not move my Music and Videos libraries to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I backup not move my Music and Videos libraries to OneDrive?: I am running Windows 11, 22H2 OS Build 22621.1105 on an HP Pavilion laptop mfr in Dec 2021 with 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 Hz and 16.0 GB RAM. The OneDrive Build is 23.002.0102.0004 64-bit When I first set up the laptop in Dec 2021, my desire had been to backup all of...
  5. Alarm and Timer does not sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alarm and Timer does not sound.: Focus assistant is turned off. All other media can be played with sound. I have seen many posts about the same problem but from 5-6 years ago and they did not work, so I'm wondering if I can get a tip for Windows 10 now. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/calicomaria...
  6. my music library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my music library: I just purchased Microsoft Personal 365 One Drive. I have 120gb music I have downloaded from discs into my computer which is managed by itunes. I want to have all this music available to me on my phone or on a remote laptop. Will OneDrive show and access my music library?...
  7. how do i change the sound on my alarm on my pc?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i change the sound on my alarm on my pc?: I hate the sound of my alarm & see no options for different chime options. Can & how it be changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-sound-on-my-alarm-on-my-pc/4e8befc0-335a-4947-9910-739c8f76931c
  8. How can I change the default alarm tone in Cortana in Windows 10 home?

in Cortana
    How can I change the default alarm tone in Cortana in Windows 10 home?: the subject line really says it all... actually, i'd like to know how to ask Cortana to audition all the alarm tones she knows, so I can tell her to use a particular one. is that possible?...
  9. Alarm clock / timer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alarm clock / timer: Sometimes the alarm on my timer/alarm clock sounds--and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/alarm-clock-timer/97b1a791-fe11-47bf-8285-757ee50c93bd
  10. Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly...

in Windows 10 Support
    Timers/Alarms Not Dismissing Properly...: Anyone else experiencing this issue since CU? When I ask Cortana to set a reminder timer or alarm, it comes up when it is supposed to, but upon clicking dismiss, it is acting like a snooze and continues popping up every few minutes until a restart is initiated. Just curious?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change alarm sound on pc