Windows 10: How do I change the User email and name?

Discus and support How do I change the User email and name? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've had this PC for a lot of time and it currently has an email that i dont think has ever even existed and a name that i would like to change. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Giovanni Furlanetto, May 25, 2022.

1. How do I change the User email and name?

I've had this PC for a lot of time and it currently has an email that i dont think has ever even existed and a name that i would like to change. I tried changing it with "netplwiz" but it made an error appear when trying to open the file manager, then I tried to fix it with a modify to the registry i saw online in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList", but it made my pc load a temporary account. so i changed that setting back as it was before. If in settings i press manage my Microsoft account it takes me to a page with MY account logged in, but in the s

:)

Giovanni Furlanetto, May 25, 2022

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, May 25, 2022
  3. user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, May 25, 2022
  4. Martmcd Win User

How do I change the User email and name?

How to change the name of the user

You cant reply to the automated email, it is just notifying you that a thread has a response.

going back to your original post.

when you create a new user, windows creates folders under the c:\Users directory with the account name (ie Geoff) if you rename the user, although the new name is shown on login etc the directory names don't change.

the easiest way to get rid of Geoff is to -

• change the username to something else (or back to Geoff)
    • create a new user with your name
    • copy all your documents, photos, videos etc. from Geoff to your new user
    • delete the Geoff user account and remove folders etc.
    this can all be done in user accounts as suggested by Ruth

Martmcd, May 25, 2022
Thema:

How do I change the User email and name?

1. How do I change the User email and name? - Similar Threads - change User email

2. How do I change Microsoft user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change Microsoft user name: I am running Windows 10 on my home PC . My MS user name is an email address that I am about to change and want to rename it edit it I have been round and round the Control Panel etc but failed to find an answer...
  3. How do I change the User email and name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the User email and name?: I've had this PC for a lot of time and it currently has an email that i dont think has ever even existed and a name that i would like to change. I tried changing it with "netplwiz" but it made an error appear when trying to open the file manager, then I tried to fix it with a...
  4. How do I change the User email and name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the User email and name?: I've had this PC for a lot of time and it currently has an email that i dont think has ever even existed and a name that i would like to change. I tried changing it with "netplwiz" but it made an error appear when trying to open the file manager, then I tried to fix it with a...
  5. How do I change this to a name and not an email?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change this to a name and not an email?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Depression126 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hknmew/how_do_i_change_this_to_a_name_and_not_an_email/
  6. User Name - How Do I Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Name - How Do I Change: The user name that appears to others, lets say on Zoom, or other game sites, is not what I want and I want to change it. I have gone to ZOOM My Account, Profile, etc and identified the username that appears is fine. I think the name that appears is a "computer name". I...
  7. How do I change my "users" name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my "users" name?: I just noticed whenever I save a file and look for the file path to something, its been a number instead of my name. So it looks like C: > Users > 46374> etc.. is there a way to change it to my actual name instead of this? submitted by /u/braaan92 [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I change a user name.

How do I change a user name.: When I was reinstalling Windows 10, what a hassle, I had to use Windows 7. Windows 7 during install asked for a user name and I gave it a number "3" thinking Windows 10 would ask for user name, I was wrong. So I am listed as "3" and I want to change to my name. How do I do...
  9. change user name and email

change user name and email: Hi I have a new name and email and I would like to change my sign in to my pc to my new name and email and still keep all of my settings files etc. Does anyone know how I can do this please?...
  10. How do I change my users name.

How do I change my users name.: take it with this, The username is taken by the old owner. [img] Since I want to rename it, It doesn't let me edit it. I don't know if that will stick like that forever. 79248