Windows 10: How do I change the username when I log in to the computer?

Discus and support How do I change the username when I log in to the computer? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I logged into the computer, it does not recognize my account or the name of the account instead it display USERONE. I do not want USERONE in my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by julu7, Mar 18, 2024.

1. julu7 Win User

How do I change the username when I log in to the computer?

When I logged into the computer, it does not recognize my account or the name of the account instead it display USERONE. I do not want USERONE in my log in screen nor under the name of the account. We tried reset the computer, but it kept on saying USERONE.

:)

julu7, Mar 18, 2024

2. change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Mar 18, 2024
  3. How to change the username in C: drive on Windows 10?

Hi Vasu,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to convert the existing account to Microsoft account with administrator privileges and check if it helps.

Step 1: To convert Local account to Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • On the newly converted Local account (with no issues), click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to enable built-in admin account to change the current user account's type.

Steps to Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active:yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active:no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 3: Log-in with the Built-in admin account to change the account type and try the below.

• From Built-in account, press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Click on the Users tab.
    • Under Users of this computer: select the account you want to change.
    • Click on Properties button.
    • Under Group Membership tab and select Administrator as user account type.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you are facing issues changing the user account type, we will help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 18, 2024
  4. How do I change the username when I log in to the computer?

windows 10 changed my log in username and password know i'm locked out

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are using a Microsoft Account to log into the computer?
    • Do you have another user account?
    • If yes, then log in to the other account and delete the account that is inaccessible.
    Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if it resolves your issue:

• Go to the Lock Screen, press the Shift button and the
      Power Icon located on the right bottom corner of the screen.

• Then Click on Restart, then a prompt will appear to
      Restart anyway, click on it. This will take you to the Recovery Environment.

• Once there, click on Troubleshoot, then
      Advance Option. You will see Command prompt option click on it. This will run a diagnostic and fix the issue that are persisting in your system.

Step 2: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• Right click on the Start button, and select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.
    Once the you have access to account go to you sons account and delete it.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 18, 2024
Thema:

How do I change the username when I log in to the computer?

1. How do I change the username when I log in to the computer? - Similar Threads - change username log

2. How do I change the username when I log in to the computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the username when I log in to the computer?: When I logged into the computer, it does not recognize my account or the name of the account instead it display USERONE. I do not want USERONE in my log in screen nor under the name of the account. We tried reset the computer, but it kept on saying USERONE....
  3. How do I change the username when I log in to the computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the username when I log in to the computer?: When I logged into the computer, it does not recognize my account or the name of the account instead it display USERONE. I do not want USERONE in my log in screen nor under the name of the account. We tried reset the computer, but it kept on saying USERONE....
  4. How do I change it to my username?

How do I change it to my username?: I bought a laptop hp envy x360 12 gen a few days ago and even after I changed the user and deleted the old one the file extension is still the old user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-it-to-my-username/945d3d73-f9d3-49f2-ab4b-84329ad9c546
  5. How do I change it to my username?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change it to my username?: I bought a laptop hp envy x360 12 gen a few days ago and even after I changed the user and deleted the old one the file extension is still the old user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-it-to-my-username/945d3d73-f9d3-49f2-ab4b-84329ad9c546
  6. How do i change my username?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change my username?: The username i am asking about is the one which you see in the "Users" folder in C drive. I want to change that name but I am afraid if it will break any of my apps because the location would be changed. Like earlier the app was in C/Users/oldname/app.exe and now it is in...
  7. How do i change my username?

How do i change my username?: The username i am asking about is the one which you see in the "Users" folder in C drive. I want to change that name but I am afraid if it will break any of my apps because the location would be changed. Like earlier the app was in C/Users/oldname/app.exe and now it is in...
  8. How to change username of logged in account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change username of logged in account.: Please Read Hello Everyone! I bought a PC from a seller. And he had an account logged-in in the PC. There is no password. And his username is displayed everytime I turn on my PC. I couldn't find anyway to change it. Please help if there is anyway to do so....
  9. How do I change the username of the laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the username of the laptop?: How can I change the username that is appearing on the main menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-username-of-the-laptop/edd160e6-dadf-40d6-a5fb-c7cf37b22bc5
  10. How do I change username?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change username?: So you know the name when you download a file Example: users/blank/program How do I change it? submitted by /u/kolovon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1kr43/how_do_i_change_username/